Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: New 100% 2.2 Wheels.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New 100% 2.2 Wheels.

So I have posted about and obsessed over trying to bring the width of my truck as far as I can without getting crazy price wise. After brain storming for a while i figured that i could do something with a set of Proline Epics that i ran a little while ago. Here is what it did.

This is the wheel that i started out with.

First i took a hole saw that i had at work and punched out the center of the wheels.

From there I used the same size hole saw and cut a small ring that will fit inside the hole i just made.

Then I used a larger hole saw and made four more rings that are going to be the same size as the bead lock ring that the wheels use. I made them the same size by routering them out. This will also sandwich the tire in and hold the bead.

From there i used the stock clod hex.

And i used the holes in the hex to drill into the two rings that i had made
and from there used the same size screws and locking nuts to put them all together.

After that I drilled the holes into the outer ring using the Epic beadlock ring as a template for the screw holes and test fit them.

You can see that im using the existing holes in the Epic wheels to hold the bead of the wheel on. They seem to work really well so far and they bring the track with of the truck with the tires mounted down to 11 3/8". This was just kind of a cheap run of how it would work and what the offset will be. I think now that i know it will work im going to have them machined out of aluminum and mounted up. I may even maching a whole new wheel depends on how excited i get about it. Here are a few other pics of how they look on the truck.

This is a comparison between my wifes TLT and my truck as far as width goes.

Not to much of a difference to matter i think.

Well there it is, let me know what you guys think and any feed back you have without beating me up to bad. I'm also sorry about the size, i took them with my phone and can't resize them any bigger. If anyone can, by all means feel free.

Last edited by Laker67; 02-04-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Laker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

looks good.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice how to.
rckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

That is really cool and some great ingenuity.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote