Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: RC4WD's Killer Krawler SW - Opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default RC4WD's Killer Krawler SW - Opinions?

I tried this post in general crawling and got no response. So, since the axles on this are very similar to a Clod, I thought I'd try here....

What's the word on these? Will they run with reasonable driving without a lot of parts breakage? They are expensive to start with so if they have a lot of little engineering 'flaws' that would not be good. I believe the new 16" wheel base (SW) would allow this outfit to be legal for Super Class?
stevehof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i pesonally think it would be cheaper and easier just to start with clod axles. and the parts support is plent for the clod. why pay more for an unsure purchase when you can get the sure pick for cheaper?
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

BUY THE CLOD AXLES, IT'LL BE CHEAPER AND WILL OUT LAST THE KILLER KRAWLER. I'M CURRENTLY BUILDING A SUPER AND IT'S WAY CHEAPER AND WAY MORE FUN. YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED WITH A CLOD. MY CLOD AXLES ARE MORE THAN 15 YEARS OLD AND STILL GOING STRONG. GOD BROKE THE MOLD WHEN HE CREATED THE CLODBUSTER. NOTHING COME CLOSE TO IT SINCE THEN.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The Clod axles on my SUPER are about 18 yrs old. They are still going strong with the stock gears and internals. They will last years if you build them right. You also learn a lot just building your super from the axles up. The parts availability for clod axles is endless. If you want it someone makes it. Good Luck hope this helps.
SUPERINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Word on the Clod-hopper parts. There's literally no limit to what can be done with them, and you can find them with no trouble at all. The Clodbuster is what got the majority of us into this hobby! I'm currently in the process of building a tube-frame Super with my old Clod parts, and I'm having a blast with it. When I saw that crazy Killer Krawler chassis and how much it was, I almost peed my pants - But I haven't seen one on here yet - Which leads me to believe one of two things.......Enthusiasts want to build their own Supers (and not pay a lot of money)...... Or it may not be all the hype and wonder those rockin' photos on rc4wd make it out to be? Have you watched the vids of it? The thing does look trick though. Whether or not it covers rocks like paper, you still gotta give that company props for bringing another option to those interested in Supers. Let us know what kind of info you dig up on it, I'd be interested in hearing how it holds up!
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote