Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Stock Axial chassis on a clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Stock Axial chassis on a clod

I just got a clod in a trade, and wanting to make it into a crawler. it is currently using a clodzilla 4 chassis, and is 4-linked. i tried it out today at the dam and was not very impressed with how it did. i have a heavily modded ax-10 and am not using the original chassis. anyone know if it will work with the clod or maybe tried it? Or will it be too small, and narrow. Thanks
rulowenough03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I tought about doing it, but decided to go with homemade tuber I got off the sale section here. I don't see why it won't work. Just need to modify your links.. think thats pretty much it.. Good luck with it.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I feel ya on the 'zilla 4. When I ran it, I had to take the cantilevers and sway-bar off... If you mount the bottom of the shocks on the link bars and drill a few holes in the stock chassis to mount the tops to, it does make for a worthy crawler. Plum silly articulation too if you set 'er up right. Servo placement needs some work, and I'd replace most of the nuts that came with the kit with locknuts - Or locktite what's there. Mine loved losing nuts and bolts all over the place! It has potential with a few simple and inexpensive mods
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have 3 clods, none set up for crawling, but if I was to crawl a clod I would run a Hustler or stick chassis. The Hustler is just plain sick and very capable, the few I have seen run. I have also seen stick chassis run as well but to me there seems to be a few weak points on them. But having never owned or run either rig I can only tell you from what I have seen.

Just do some searching here for super class rigs and build what suits your needs.

1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i have actually been thinking about building one of those, just trying to find all the right materials. there are dozens of designs, i just don't know which one i like the best. how much is a roller chassis, already 4-linked with the stock wheels and tires worth? i have an opportunity to buy one. it is in very good condition.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

What style of chassis are you looking to buy? If I had to ballpark a basic chassis price, I'd have to guess between $100 - $200. If you're looking for a roller, you'll pay more though.
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

i like the looks of the stealth chassis, but i refuse to pay what they are asking for it. i will probably go for either the stick or the pimp cane. can't decide. i also like the gecko. i actually worked out a deal with a guy on rcuniverse to trade for the clod roller. so no money involved, except for shipping.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulowenough03 View Post
i like the looks of the stealth chassis, but i refuse to pay what they are asking for it. i will probably go for either the stick or the pimp cane. can't decide. i also like the gecko. i actually worked out a deal with a guy on rcuniverse to trade for the clod roller. so no money involved, except for shipping.
If You decide to get the gecko, get the 60/40, I`ve got one and like it alot.
jamison31 is offline   Reply With Quote