Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Getting back to the Crawling scene.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Getting back to the Crawling scene.

Hey guys, after much thought, ive decided to get back in to the crawling scene again (let alone R/C cars in general) and i was thinking about building a clod based super crawler. Ive always wanted to build a clod based crawler since i built my emaxx based crawler (madd maxx). And i also want to do this since i think building one is actually a bit easier (chassis layout wise i mena) then building a emaxx based crawler. I want to do this build on a budget but i dont want to skimp in areas where it may hurt the performance also. Ive picked out a NN chassis, but im having a tough time finding complete clod axles for cheap. Anyone know where i could get both axles for cheap? I havent checked the classifieds just yet but i soon will for other stuff. Im sure ill be posting for advice and questions, but im sure this build will be lengthy but it will pay off in the end lol
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #2

The cheapest place to get axles would be the classifieds or Ebay. I got my last super in the classifieds and stupidly sold it in there too.
imboostedru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yea i sold my emaxx crawler through ebay and i just kick myself in the a$$ cuz of it still to this day. Oh well. I looked on ebay and i was shocked to see that both axles are going for like 150 i was like ouch man thats a lot. I could get a rolling chassis for about 100 or so but its hard to find that too.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Try looking on ckrc crawlers website. They have quite a few Clod axle parts on there. Factory and hop-ups.
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Aw thanx a lot Reflektr, i was actually looking for a upper link mount for cheap!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

No prob man. I literally just got an inexpensive upper link mount set from rc4wd's website. It was around 5 bucks for the pair.
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote