Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Need advise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #1

Smile Need advise

Hi,
I have an Integy SS01 with 2 ESC: Novak Rooster Crawler, 2 Motor: Novak 55T with an 6 tooth pinion both in front and rear, still have too mutch speed.
Would I go for an 75T motor or a brushless (1000KV or 850KV), or is there a way to reduce the final ratio on the transmission, I have been looking for a diferent gear, but no luck!! Please advise

Thanks

PS: here is the car:
Futaba 9CHP setup for dual steering, dual esc
duartev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well, It's integy which it blatantly copies almost everything out there, and 99% of the time, it's crap. These integy crawler is a ripoff of clodbuster gearbox and the hustler frame. The only thing I'll buy from them is the motors. You should have done research here before getting a full roller crawler. Next time stick with clodbuster gearboxes, there are tons of aftermarket parts for chassis, links, wheels, tires and so on....It'll be 1000% better than Integy. So for your question, most ppl I know runs their clods beween 35 and 55 turns, sometime 65 turn. I run mine on 45 turns.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #3

Hi,
Best way is to sell the Integy axles and buy new ones!
Can you help me choosing? Can I use the same motor?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Can I ask you guys a question about the rear steer setup...? Is there a radio that already has a 3ch toggle switch besides the converted TQ3...? I know its a cheap/easy way to do a toggle but is there a radio that has that already installed..?
THANKS
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #5

Hi, I use a 9channel stick radio, but you can use a 3channel radio and use a switch or a mix to turn the rear servo.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by duartev View Post
Hi,
I have an Integy SS01 with 2 ESC: Novak Rooster Crawler, 2 Motor: Novak 55T with an 6 tooth pinion both in front and rear, still have too mutch speed.
Would I go for an 75T motor or a brushless (1000KV or 850KV), or is there a way to reduce the final ratio on the transmission, I have been looking for a diferent gear, but no luck!! Please advise

Thanks

PS: here is the car:
Futaba 9CHP setup for dual steering, dual esc
I don't know much about the Integy crawler, but it should have the same case and gears as a clod. If the case is the same then you sould just be able put in some stock clod gears. I would contact run2jeepn here on RCC or on his web site http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/home.html He sould be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
Can I ask you guys a question about the rear steer setup...? Is there a radio that already has a 3ch toggle switch besides the converted TQ3...? I know its a cheap/easy way to do a toggle but is there a radio that has that already installed..?
THANKS
The Spectrum DX3R is probely the best 3 channel radio out there at this point and it has a 3 position 3rd channel. It cost a lot more than a TQ3, but it is already set up for rear stearing or for use with a winch.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote