RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Clod Buster (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/)
-   -   Rhode Island Hustler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/190739-rhode-island-hustler.html)

kineteks 07-24-2009 05:14 PM

Rhode Island Hustler

2 Attachment(s)
...just a couple of low quality shots... 'cause I'm stoked and want to take it out to play! Better shots and some details in a bit.

RCP Hustler SE
Integy metal gears
JPC knuckles
Integy axle tubes & Cs
TTR CVDs
JR hi-voltage servos
CC BEC 2x
Tekin FXR 2x
Panther Plow Boys (thanks Nova's Ark!)
Narrowed HPI Blast wheels 1 7/8"
more to come....

...lot's of help from folks on the site, I'll give you guys a shout out too!

Code454 07-24-2009 05:17 PM

that looks sweet i really like the colors and the wheelse suite it perfect"thumbsup"

sick weights too8)

sierradmax 07-24-2009 07:24 PM

another Rhode Islander who build a Clod. I though the supers were dead around here.

Here's mine.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ght=sierradmax

Wicked_Jester 07-25-2009 12:36 AM

do you have any info on the weight system your running on the knukcles? nice rig im starting to collect the parts for mine

hardhead 07-25-2009 08:36 PM

Thats one of the best lookin supers ive seen"thumbsup"

Nova's Ark 07-25-2009 08:42 PM

W:shock:W that looks great"thumbsup" I am glad I could help you out with the rims and tires. Can you help me out with the knuckle weights? Those look nice.

70duncan 07-25-2009 09:31 PM

Awsome paint :shock:.

Man are you going to get a lot of questions on the knuckle weights. Those are bad a$$.:twisted:

That is nice job you have done putting that together. Keep up posted on how it works for you.

kineteks 07-27-2009 02:38 PM

Thanks guys! ...unfortunately other than climbing the curbs & steps around our shop I didn't get a chance to try it out on the rocks this weekend, so it's still pretty much a virgin. The independent throttles I'm OK with because I use that on my 2.2 MOA rig but the independent F-R steering is gonna take some getting used to. It's a trip the way it'll rotate in place though! Learning how to tune a droop system is gonna be some work too.

We made the knuckle weights here and though I'd be happy to PM or post drawings for them, they cost way to much to make as much as I'd like to provide some:cry:. We also made: F&R "Hand Bros." like servo mounts and tie rods, upper & lower links (bottoms 3/8" Delrin), lower shock mounts, Delrin radio tray, tons of little spacers and shims & narrowed the Blast wheels (cool, but stupidly complex method). Anyone that wants drawings* of the servo/steering stuff, PM me.

I'm gonna drive this thing till it gets too cold around here and then either swap the axles onto an AKRCC Zeus chassis I got a while back or mod the Hustler along the lines of Turbofest's build... something to keep me out of trouble.

BTW, much thanks to: joesbruiser, Turbofest & E-hills for info & advice, this thing would still be a pile of parts without the help.

....more info and pics when I get a chance"thumbsup"

*these parts went straight to the CNC and so are only available as DXF files (no dimensions).......

joesbruiser 07-27-2009 08:40 PM

Rig looks great"thumbsup"

kineteks 07-28-2009 07:46 AM

Drawings & DXF files

Just a small point to add about the drawings and files I've offered to share. My intention is to give back a little of what this site and it's members have given me.... so use the files for your own rigs and or a buddy or two. If you intend to start offering any of these parts commercially please talk to me about it first..."thumbsup"

...also, no guaranties they'll fit your truck or related parts. They are prototypes and designed around the parts I have. For example, all 4 of my JPC knuckles had a different diameter where the weight clamp is attached. It's a non-critical dimension for him, no reason to hold a tight tolerance, but my set had quite a spread & we adjusted the clamp/mount ID to fit..... blah blah blah:)

TURBOFEST 07-28-2009 08:10 AM

Very Very Very Nice!!! Glad I could help "thumbsup"

soilwork 07-31-2009 09:14 AM

Sweet. Another person in Rhode Island who is into Clods"thumbsup"

Inked 08-01-2009 09:05 AM

Wow that is one amazing looking rig. Got any action shoots yet?

Nova's Ark 08-07-2009 10:42 AM

And then...? :mrgreen:

kineteks 08-10-2009 02:44 PM

Sorry all, I've been traveling for business lately and have hardly been home so no chance of playing with the new rig.:cry: I'll update ASAP.

John

fernando 08-14-2009 11:04 PM

Nice

Sweet looking Crawler!"thumbsup"

dieselfuel 08-15-2009 12:09 AM

excellent looking rig man, those knuckle weights are pretty slick.

jeepron 08-16-2009 09:16 AM

awesome crawler, it hink i need to convert to some plowboys

kineteks 10-12-2009 10:54 AM

no droop

1 Attachment(s)
Since I'm not clever enough:shock: to figure out how to make the Hustler droop system work on top of 4-wheel steering/F/R DIG/F/R throttles I'm just bailing and rebuilding to a sprung set-up. I have one of the (no longer produced?) AKRCC Zeus super chassis but wanted to change a couple of minor things about it, so I drew up a slightly tweaked clone. The side-plates are cut and the skid is underway. As soon as the spreaders & links are machined up I'll mock it up. Axles will stay pretty much the same and I'll add some Losi shocks to the new links. The electronics will get swapped onto a new RX plate and I'll keep the battery chassis mounted for now. Nova's Ark is doing up some narrowed/clocked Panther Plowboys for me and I've got another set of HPI Blast wheels to narrow. Updates as progress is made..."thumbsup"

Nova's Ark 10-13-2009 09:58 AM

I'm back from Crawlapalooza and your tires arrived safely"thumbsup". I will get to work on them this week. I personally like spring suspension myself. It's very predictable, especially on a Super.8)