Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: could it be done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default could it be done?

well i got an esp clod and i was wondering how i could get the most artic. out of it, what should i modify. i know dumb question but i will admit it im a total newb to crawlin . i only do 1/10th buggy and truck racin and i love these things so much i want to build one i have alot of the stuff radio gear isnt a problem its just gettin a good setup for the car to perform. thanx alot
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: could it be done?

What kind model of ESP chassis do you have? If you could give some more details it would help me a little bit. Also some pics would be nice too.

jugg_crawler
jugg_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sorry okay i tis the esp clodzilla the original one. and i will send pics asap i just need to get my digital workin.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #4

I've owned a zilla 2 chassis.They are a fairly capable crawler stock.Their biggest drawback is the lack of articulation.To help this out some,just drill a new shock mount hole a lil further back than the stock.This will allow more articulation.I know,I've done it.I just can't remeber how far back I went from the original mounting position.
halfpint33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yes it would be fairly good but wouldn't ahve much articlation, and would need some shock placement reworking. Other than that it would be pretty good, though you might want, after a while, to change to something like the Gecko, but it would be good to start off with.

jugg_crawler
Old 02-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

thanks alot guys for the help what should i don with the mounting move them up or back or both idk lol thanx again
Old 02-04-2004, 01:03 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You'll probably want to move the shocks back on the chassis and mount the bottom on the links.

jugg_crawler
Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #8
The Wheels Keep Turning

clod II chassis in stock form with savage shocks mounted inbourd:

i removed the top rail of the chassis so it wouldn't hit the tires and made that crude setup on top. I tried it out today for the first time on a pile of rocks and it crawled well.

kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:18 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Lets first not forget that wads of articulation is not the be all and end all of a good crawler.If articulation is not controlled its absolutly useless.But saying that ,if you don't have enough you wont keep all four wheels on the ground and lose traction.Its a fine line but anybody that sais they have 90 degrees and over is fooling themselves if they think its of use.
Think about the trucks centre of gravity ,get it as low as you can,all the weight as low as possible.Get the suspension and articulation working well and smoothly,no binding or slop.
The Clod 2 is a good chassis to start off with as My Crawler ''Bumpy '' Started life off as a Zilla chassis and i have competed with her for a long time.
An alternative to shoving your shocks along the chassis rails is to triangulate them into the centre of the chassis.Much like the angle shocks of a Maxx truck.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

too nice i like the look keep me up-dated
austinsclod is offline   Reply With Quote