Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Snow plow for the Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

$30? thats less than half an ESP plow and the ESP plow doesn't have the sping loading to protect the mounts. I will have to figure it out but I would guess the cost of materials alone to build this would be close to $30. Not to mention it takes almost a whole day to make just one. If that is the desired price range I cannot compete at all. Thanks!!
Troystr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I believe that's one of the reasons why most guys who try to make/sell plows tend to give up after not too long. They take a while to make, and most people aren't willing to pay very much for them. IMHO the esp one wasn't that well made so if you could get yours to be much more like a replica of the real thing (with the little flags and all) you'd probably be able to get $75+

You also have to remember that even though your ploe may be better made than an esp plow the esp one is sort of a collectors item. Dont get me wrong they arent like a NIB bruiser, but they have their nostalgia and collectability.

I definately know how you fell though. I'm in the process of making a wheelie bar for my brothers clod and at first glance it seemed like such a quick thing to do. Thoughts of making up a few more (to sell) past through my head until i finally got done with making the first one and realized how long it actually took to make...LOL
quick5pnt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

what do you use to roll the alum.. so it has the right cruve in it? how would you make it swivle and still have control of it???
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

the roll is less then that of a real plow there is 1 bend in the top to roll the snow over and add strength, Also even with a locked blade the clod can only push so much, so when plowing it will stay upright untill it hits something hard, it will spring down and pop back up in position. I could easily make a fixed blade I just thought this might save a little wear and tear on the trucks. I have used this plow 7 times already this year with out any problems, Again you can't push real heavy wet snow with any plow. The trucks are just not heavy enough to move all that weight. Hope this helps?
Troystr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #25

Default I live in Chicago 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troystr68 View Post
yeah there is 1 bend just over half way through, Boy is that aluminum I used rigid, I didn't want it to dig into the ground I wanted it to scrape. I am seriously considering the paint and the skid plate, I need to sell a few to get more materials they are very time consuming to build. If I keep em simple I won't have to charge as much. It's snowing here in Chicago as we speak so when I get home I plan on plowing the driveway with it. Untill then here is a picture of the last snow we got. This is the very first proto type I built to test the over all design, You can see the curve from this angle. This thing can move a decent amount of snow. Enjoy!!

yea i know what you mean and i live in Chicago as well and i am making a snow plow out of PVC pipe and then putting aluminum at the bottom for the scraper but yea here in Chicago my neighbor built 1 and she made it just like yours.
Jabbajawz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #26

will it fit on the slash 4x4? and how much r u selling it and were did u buy the metal peices?
coolrap04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #27
Holmes Hobbies

Did you see when the last post was? Talk about draging up old treads

Last Activity: 02-28-2009 04:53 PM
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

We have one.....we won it on RCMT.net .
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #29
Holmes Hobbies