Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Body question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #1

Default Body question

OK, I've been searching the forums for a few days now and can't seem to find the answer to this question.

Has anyone tried a Pro-Line Chevy Silverado body for the TNX, LST, MGT on a clod based rig?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXJGR0&P=K

It is closer to 1/8th scale than the other bodies I like. I need it for the overall length and wheelbase. My concern is the width. I'm running LST's with 3/4" offset adapters and standard maxx offset narrowed Outbacks.

OOOOOO......Beefy!! 56K DANGER!!

I don't want the ends of the chassis to stick out like all of the other stick type's out there. I'm trying for a more realistic look.
NoOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have on on my clod. It's a 14 inch wheel base so it's a little off. You can see it better in the pic with the 2.2's. I'm getting a new one in the next couple of days for the clod. This one is from a extended T-maxx.

polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #3

That looks a little off. What is the overall length and width of the body you have on there? Is that the LST/TNX body or the maxx size body? The LST/TNX version should be 21" overall in length. If your wheelbase is only 14" then you should have more of the body hanging over both ends. The regular maxx size is only 18" long. That looks more like the one you have. I could be wrong though, it's a little hard to tell from the pics.
NoOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thats the Proline Silverado body for the Lst. It has a 13.5 inch wheel base. My Clod has 14 inch wheel base. With the narrowed Clod tires there is some clearence issues. Nothing a exacto knife can't fix.

Heres the specs for the body.

Length: 525mm (20-5/8")
Width: 197mm (7-3/4")
Height: 140mm (5-1/2")
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote