Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Clod build must haves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Clod build must haves

I am fixin to start building a clod super and was wondering what everybody thinks are the must have upgrades for the clod axles. I already have my electronics. I am going to start out with a simple pimp cane chassis a friend of mine has one and loves it. Any link to where to get stuff would help also. I have been through the forum and found all kinds of good info but non of it really answered what needs to be done first second and so on as I won't be able to do it all at once. Thanks for any help
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well i have built afew sets of clod axles. And parts are getting harder to find. There's really no after market vendors making HD parts. Hot racing probably makes the most CPE and integy is another. Really the best way is to buy aset built. Saves on time and money. The guys on here and on other forums that have HD parts are getting good money for there parts. I would suggest buying bully super axles saves time and money.
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

1 Bearing's
2 Aluminum gears
3 TTR cvd's
4 Hand Brothers steering
5 Aluminum knuckles
6 Aluminum Tubes
7 Jp Customs Top link mount
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
1 Bearing's
2 Aluminum gears
3 TTR cvd's
4 Hand Brothers steering
5 Aluminum knuckles
6 Aluminum Tubes
7 Jp Customs Top link mount

Yep pretty much in that order... except my steering mounts are home made and I went with TTR top link mount. If you have a change to buy the ttr cvds, do it!!! You won't regret it.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudsy View Post
Yep pretty much in that order... except my steering mounts are home made and I went with TTR top link mount. If you have a change to buy the ttr cvds, do it!!! You won't regret it.
Ok I have heard TTR before on here but have not seen them anywhere. Where can you find them? I have seen and found the rest of the parts just not the TTR stuff.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

You'll have to post up in the wanted section. Mip has'nt run a batch of the TTR cvd's in around a year. You want find a vendor that has them in stock. Only individual's and like i said your going to have to talk them in to saleing them. Just dont throw your money away and buy HR cvd's they are junk straight out of the pack.