Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Custom Tubed Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Custom Tubed Clod

Well this isn't the tuber I was wanting, but at the time I was wanting to help Steve's Family. He pasted away. So it has become my project. It was setup for a TXT, I cut the tranny mounts off made some mock up panels.
I picked up some more piano rods and I'm going to add to it. This project Im going to dedicate to Steve, I didn't know him, but it seems proper to do.
Its going to take a while to finish, as Im moving next week. This is what I have done so fare, but it will probably change. Custom tube frame, clod axles, JP gold knuckles, ttr axles with strait axles in rear, low range gears metal, custom steering not finished, 0 acromin. Narrowed axial bead lock's with cut and shunt moabs memory foams in front. It has a 14 inch wheel base, Im probably going to change the suspension links. still need some parts, that will just take time as Im poor as hell.
Hope Steve will like what I did with his chassis when I'm done.
thanks for looking, feel free to make suggestions.

twisted crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I would suggest some triangulation in your links , maybee run a top link mount . your links look like this || || they should be closer to |/\| or |\/| . But it looks like your off to a cool build . Not quite 2.2 not quite super , kinda what I did with my clod axles keep us updated
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Its triangulated, Im using the skid he made, it was already setup for lower triangulation. Before Im done Im planing to try and get some link mounts for the axle housing and relocate the lower links there. Im just using what I have. Most stuff I build because I can't afford to buy. I'm planing to try and get some longer links, upper link mounts and a few other things. I might go with a smaller tire setup.
I do plan on doing some more work on the tube chassis. Im not sure where I'm going with it.
Thanks I will up date as I progress. Feel free to offer an ideas on the chassis or what ever. thanks guys.
twisted crawler is offline   Reply With Quote