Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Going rate on TTR CVDs these days ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #41
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Thanks team3six for the info. I just want some for my self and some for all the people that need them.
JJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #42
www.team3sixrc.com

No problem. I edited my last post with names of the other vendors. But as you know and like everything in crawling. Your limited by time to develop the product.

I would try Brandon for sure. He is pretty easy to work with. I can't say everything they make is perfect. But some stuff they have is great.

I personally would love to see them in chrome moly or titanium. That is where SDS & LetsHandleIt would come in.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #43
JJR
Quarry Creeper

So Brandon works at MIP?
Yes I to want them in chrome moly!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 AM   #44
www.team3sixrc.com

Yes, Brandon works at MiP. But then it wont be Chrome moly.
So you'll have to try Darrin at SDS.
LetsHandleIt was more than happy to do axial straights if he had 10 orders. He might be able to accomidate your needs.
either guy puts out a good product.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #45
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Yes, Brandon works at MiP. But then it wont be Chrome moly.
So you'll have to try Darrin at SDS.
LetsHandleIt was more than happy to do axial straights if he had 10 orders. He might be able to accomidate your needs.
either guy puts out a good product.
What state are they in?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #46
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR View Post
What state are they in?
That I don't know. Just p.m. them. They are in the vendors section under axles.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Guys, first of, thanks for trying to get these parts being made, secondly, this couldn't come at a better moment for me, as yesterday i broke the rear dogbone of my only non cvd clod axle i own, i would definetly buy at least 2 sets for me, as my other ttr cvd's seem indestructible
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
BTW, SDS Customs, EGGRESor, and letshandleit would be my suggestions.
I just PMd these vendors to take a look at this thread and post up with their opinions on whether or not they want to do this.
mtnhrdgr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

SDS customs got back to me and said I can post what he told me here.

He says that he could build one just like he does with his Super 300 Axial/Berg cvds. The Berg super 300s are $145, and the Axial super 300s are $160.

For the Clods, however, it will cost around $220-240 for one set. If you want one for the front and one for the rear, it will be $440 - 480. In addition, before he does a production run, he will need a preorder of around 40 orders.

Them Super 300s are high quality, but this is too rich for me.

The other vendors have not responded to me.

Any update on negotiations with TTR?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #50
www.team3sixrc.com

Well, I can certainly understand the reason for the price.
1. The demand isn't what it used to be for the axles anymore.
2. He will need to engineer them to specs as well as test them which will follow most likely some adjustments. Even though there is a working model already designed. SDS doesn't make them unless they are to his stanards.
3. These are chrome moly, and they need to be machined on a high grade lathe, heat treated.
and 4. These will be the last CVD's you'll ever buy for the axle.

It's like with me working with Generis on his axial scale axle cases. They will be the last axle case one should ever buy and with super 300's, VP gear, HR gear, and top of the line axial anything. Near bullet proof. You get what you pay for.

If you are willing to go to steel or carbon steel. You may get the price lower.
you might want to email Mike at rc4wd and see if they would do them. I believe they did or still have the cases. So it might be with in the rehlm for them to re-introduce a full on kit. If you offer a good enough deal to a manufacturer where they would forsee a need to make something. They generally do it. Rc4wd does care enough to help a in demand crowd and have been known to release products that are of that nature.

I would even contact Brandon at MiP. Everytime I have called him and asked for a favor they have been able to accomidate me. Sadly on their axial CVD's they have fallen short with the strength of the pins in the catch. But there are other products that just rock.

Last edited by team3six; 02-02-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Dont get me wrong. I understand why his price is that high. He has to design, prototype, test, then mass produce not to mention the many hours to do so. Same priciple as to why new products are always higher priced when they are first introduced. The developer/manufacturer needs to recoup their design/engineering costs. As the product matures and becomes a commodity then the price will go down.

This is why I think the best bet, as far as strength, reliability and lower price, would be TTR. They already have the proper design and have the templates/jigs in place to do so at a much lower cost.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #52
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Ok guy, I was told that TTR will not be making any Clod CVD'S. That really sucks but I will give this one more try and call MIP to see if they can make this happen. If this doesn't happen I will just have some custom ones made for me. Sorry guys I tried
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Ya that does suck. Thanks for your efforts with TTR (and with MIP). Hopefully MIP does something. Otherwise I guess shaved down axle cups is the best I can do.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #54
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 View Post
Ya that does suck. Thanks for your efforts with TTR (and with MIP). Hopefully MIP does something. Otherwise I guess shaved down axle cups is the best I can do.
Thank you too for looking into it. I hope I can be part of keeping the Clods going for everyone. That thing means a lot to me. That's what got me into crawling in the first place.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #55
www.team3sixrc.com

Can I make another suggestion. I am a meber of RCMT.net. I am also a sponsor for 2 of the best Monster truck drivers from the NRCTPA.

Alot of guys still drive Clods for racing, That is after all where they started at first. I have to imagine that there are other alternatives to your dilima.

I am also aware that some mebers also hord things over there that work. You might want to try someone over there.

Two more things to bring up.
1. look for a vendor here or their by CPE MT,He is the owner of Crawford Engineering. He may be able to help you
2. As I mentioned before. Contact RC4WD as well. Dont miss out on a chance to have them help if they can. I mena they just made CVD's for the Venom's. If they can do that I have to believe that they can do it here for you as well. Email them, dont P.M. them
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #56
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Thanks I will do that to. You would think if some one is willing to make an order of $4000.00 . That someone would take my money and make them.

Quote:
Can I make another suggestion. I am a meber of RCMT.net. I am also a sponsor for 2 of the best Monster truck drivers from the NRCTPA.

Alot of guys still drive Clods for racing, That is after all where they started at first. I have to imagine that there are other alternatives to your dilima.

I am also aware that some mebers also hord things over there that work. You might want to try someone over there.

Two more things to bring up.
1. look for a vendor here or their by CPE MT,He is the owner of Crawford Engineering. He may be able to help you
2. As I mentioned before. Contact RC4WD as well. Dont miss out on a chance to have them help if they can. I mena they just made CVD's for the Venom's. If they can do that I have to believe that they can do it here for you as well. Email them, dont P.M. them
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

I'll shoot an email to RC4WD. You're right, there has to be someone still willing to do this (at least I hope there is). There is still a following for the clods.

edit:
email ro RC4WD sent

Last edited by mtnhrdgr2; 02-02-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Got an email email back from Mike @ RCW4D. He was not aware that TTR had stopped making these. I also told him that they told JJR that they were done.

Mike said he would talk to his team about it. I hope they do it, and sell it for a fair price.

I gave him a link to this thread, so who knows, maybe he'll post up here. If he emails me with more info, I will let you all know.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #59
JJR
Quarry Creeper

I hope they make them as strong or stronger than TTR.
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 View Post
Got an email email back from Mike @ RCW4D. He was not aware that TTR had stopped making these. I also told him that they told JJR that they were done.

Mike said he would talk to his team about it. I hope they do it, and sell it for a fair price.

I gave him a link to this thread, so who knows, maybe he'll post up here. If he emails me with more info, I will let you all know.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Mike did say that this would be easy, but they had to check on a couple of things first. I am guessing copyright/patent/legal issues.