RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Clod Buster (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/)
-   -   Going rate on TTR CVDs these days ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/289386-going-rate-ttr-cvds-these-days.html)

JJR 02-02-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 (Post 2903196)
Mike did say that this would be easy, but they had to check on a couple of things first. I am guessing copyright/patent/legal issues.

Yes thats always the biggest problem.

fasa_00 02-03-2011 12:30 AM

Thanks mtnhrdgr2 for doing the leg work on trying to get the CVD's made. Ill be watching the thread. We recently started Clod racing again in Hawaii and I know a few guys were looking for some good quality CVD's.

M1tch 02-03-2011 01:15 AM

+1 thanks for trying.

im hoping something gets worked out, but $200+ a set is too much to pay i think. for me anyway :oops:

run2jeepn 02-03-2011 02:05 AM

The TTR CVD's are great and all... Bullet proof for Sure...

But.......

the steering sucks... I think a redesign for better steering is in order. In this day of age and the turning abilities of the Super Bullys and Bergs... Better Steering is a must...

Might try Rc4wd and see if they can cut and spline a set of there Super XVD's That or they can cut them them to length and off a Clod Spool that fits there XVD's.

JJR 02-03-2011 02:46 PM

Ok guys, I called MIP and they said that TTR just placed an order. Now I was just told by someone that TTR couldn't make them. So what the "F" is going on. That's it, now I want someone else to make them but make them better.:x

STJ7780 02-04-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2jeepn (Post 2903334)
Might try Rc4wd and see if they can cut and spline a set of there Super XVD's That or they can cut them them to length and off a Clod Spool that fits there XVD's.

"thumbsup"X2

RC4WD has the sets for 39.99 for the super bully.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Super-Bully-A...VD_p_1049.html
I have not heard of any problems so far from the guys running the bully axles. It looks like only a few design changes and they would have a winning set of clod CVD's.
Steve

mtnhrdgr2 02-04-2011 01:52 PM

As stated on post 58 and 60, I contacted RC4WD already. They had told me that it would be easy, but they needed to check on a couple things. I gave them a link to this thread, so hopefully they will post up here with an update. I was going to follow-up with them in about a week if I had not heard anything.

JJR 02-04-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 (Post 2906281)
As stated on post 58 and 60, I contacted RC4WD already. They had told me that it would be easy, but they needed to check on a couple things. I gave them a link to this thread, so hopefully they will post up here with an update. I was going to follow-up with them in about a week if I had not heard anything.

I emailed them yesterday so we shall see what happens.

mtnhrdgr2 02-04-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR (Post 2904214)
Ok guys, I called MIP and they said that TTR just placed an order. Now I was just told by someone that TTR couldn't make them. So what the "F" is going on. That's it, now I want someone else to make them but make them better.:x

Strange. I wonder what is going on, or if you are just getting the run-around. I hope that this does not stop RC4WD from going ahead and creating their version of the clod CVDs/XVDs.

I really hope that RC4WD does create one, and be around the same price range as the other cvds/xvds that they sell ($30 to 40). At this price, I would buy 2 for immediate use, and possibly another one or two as reserve!

JJR 02-04-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 (Post 2906306)
Strange. I wonder what is going on, or if you are just getting the run-around. I hope that this does not stop RC4WD from going ahead and creating their version of the clod CVDs/XVDs.

I really hope that RC4WD does create one, and be around the same price range as the other cvds/xvds that they sell ($30 to 40). At this price, I would buy 2 for immediate use, and possibly another one or two as reserve!

If they do have the rights to them maybe RC4WD can make them different. But having the rights to something means legal paper work for that part and that cost money.

Savage03 02-04-2011 02:27 PM

Friend talked to JPS yesterday on his cases that were screwed up and the owner told him he went in with TTR to get the cvds done and should have some in 6 weeks....also told him hes working on new metal gears something like one gear is brass and rest alum. dont recall the whole deal on those but he was kinda vague but said hopes to see those done end of March 8)

CPE MT 02-04-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR (Post 2904214)

Did someone from TTR tell you they weren't making them? I called Darren the same day I saw that post and he told me they'd likely be making another run. I'd personally choose (and sell) TTR/MIP CVD's all day long over RC4WD.

run2jeepn 02-04-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPE MT (Post 2906629)
I'd personally choose (and sell) TTR/MIP CVD's all day long over RC4WD.

See I would have said that a year ago, but the new Super Bullys do hold their own and with much better steering capabilities. The Old Style TTR CVD's are built proof, but lack in the steering dept...

Now if we had some new improved TTR CVD's then I'd like a set.

JJR 02-04-2011 06:27 PM

Well guys I am done talking about it and waiting for someone to make them. I found someone local to make them for me. I wanted something new something that turns better and is still stronger than the old stuff. They will be done in 2 weeks.:mrgreen: good luck"thumbsup"

run2jeepn 02-04-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR (Post 2906760)
Well guys I am done talking about it and waiting for someone to make them. I found someone local to make them for me. I wanted something new something that turns better and is still stronger than the old stuff. They will be done in 2 weeks.:mrgreen: good luck"thumbsup"

Are you going to be selling them or just making some for yourself?

mtnhrdgr2 02-04-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Would your fabricator consider making it for others? If so, how much?

STJ7780 02-08-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Do you know what type of steel he will be using and will they be heat treated? I thought about trying to make a set at home but the first problem I came across is what to make them out of. :?:
Steve

mtnhrdgr2 02-08-2011 01:38 PM

Well, while we wait to hear from TTR/MIP and RC4WD on whether or not they will make CVDs, I started looking around for another brand until they make theirs (if they do). I came accross hot racing.

It appears that HR sells CVDs (HR part# SCB12100) for the stock clod. Anyone know anything about this? Is it any good?
http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=SCB12100;c=38

I was about to buy this but the description for this part# says that it no longer works for the 12mm hex. It will only work for 14, 17 or 23mm hex, which I guess you have to buy HR's hexes??

I have a specific question about this working on my clod super, so I will start another thread as to not hijack this thread.

scatterbrains 02-08-2011 01:47 PM

Garbage, only clod CVDs worth buying are TTR's dont get anything else, may as well just throw the $$ in trash if you do.

mtnhrdgr2 02-08-2011 02:10 PM

cool. thanks for saving me money. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Please TTR/MIP bring 'em back. RC4WD, please create your own version.

I'll be sending a follow-up email to RC4WD tomorrow, that'll be a week since I asked them.

edit:
I just deleted the other thread i just started. No point waiting for answers and cluttering up this forum when i wont be buying it. Thanks also to lud98r for your input.