Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: clod chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #1

Default clod chassis

hello. just trying to get advice on a chassis for a clod rock crawler. i have 1 clod set up with an esp clod4 chassis. now i want to change my stock bullhead to a crawler. i saw an integy type 2 pro crawler chassis on ebay and figured i would try to win it. well i won it for 59.99. are these chassis any good or did i just waste my money. does anyone have a pic of this chassis all set up? thanks everyone for the replies
dodge2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

It is integy keep that in mind, but might as well give it a shot.
How bad could it be?
lud98r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I know I havent been around that long in crawling... but what is the deal with ppl hating on Integy chassis? Just curious?
sabohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #4

i dont know why people hate integy. they seem to have some good looking parts imo. does anyone have more info on why everyone thinks that integy is junk? the chassis i got off ebay looks really good. polished aluminum nice machine work ect. its the type 2 pro crawler chassis. guess we will see how it is.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Dont get me wrong some stuff is good but I agree is does have the reputation of not being so good. The parts ive owned have served me well for the money. I think that quality is sacrificed sometimes when mass produced.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #6

ya i know what you mean. we will see when it is altogether. i can only find 1 pic of a crawler with this chassis. looks pretty good, super long wheel base (18") but looks good. what do you guys recommend for motors esc and tires and wheels. i found some crawler tires that are 8" in diam. i dont need the best stuff but i dont want to be to cheap either. i was thinking 55t lathe motors with 9th pinions a novak rooster crawler esc what about tires and wheels and i need a body. thanks for the help. you guys should see my clodzilla 4 go! its pretty fast. 2 traxxas titan 550 evx2 esc and 16.8 volts my crawler should pretty much be the opposite.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

How much do you want to spend and is you rig for fun or comps?
The bigger the tires the more torque youll need=more money
Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #8

my rig will pretty much be for fun thats about it. im guessing with everything i need its gonna cost me around... 200 to 300.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #9

if i go with thoughs 8" tires i will probably go with 8th pinions. should help and give me enough torque with 55t motors. i think anyway
Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #10

well that integy chassis kit came in today. this thing is awesome looking and beefy as heck. def. worth the 60.00 i got it for. anyone have picks of the type 2 pro rock crawler chassis assembled? that is the only bad part no directions. oh well who needs them anyway. this kit is def well built, the rod ends are big metal ends. it even came with sway bars.on looks and how well built this is id give it a
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #11

ok so 911 i have an emergency. i cant seem to be able to figure out how this chassis goes together. imagine that. my wife would die if she heard that. i can usually fix and put together anything. from a brass model train to installing a coal stove. well what the heck. its a integy type 2 pro crawler chassis. it looks great all apart now only if i could get it together. anybody with any info or pics please share your knowledge with me.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

on integy site they have tec help. Maybe they could help you or tell you how to assemble it.
twisted crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #13

thanks buddy but i think i may have figured it out. i set integy an email just in case though. arent the longer suspension links usually on top? oesnt seem that way with this one. thanks again
Old 01-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

yea and the one the shocks mount to or on bottom
Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #15

ya seems like this is opposite. its got a plain link and a big beefy link with shock mount on it. this big beefy link is also the longer of the 2 go figure. i make something work.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #16

just an update on that chassis i have one end done, well mock up anyway. this thing articulates like crazy. had one problem though. one of the lower shock mounts is bent the opposite way it should be. if i want to keep the sway bars on im going to have to try and bend it the other way. hopefully i will be able to do that with a little heat. if not i will just cut that part off.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

cool let see some pics when its done. I just relized The shorter links up top, longer on bottom. duu.. Was In a rush this morning.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #18

thanks budddy. ill post some pics when i get the axles mounted and yes i got that bracket bent the way i needed to with out breaking it
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
Debunking old stereotypes

The reason most people think Integy products are crap is, most of their products are cheap knockoffs of other peoples products, and most are crap.
They have some ok stuff, I'd be hard pressed to name any though.
Since you already have the chassis, you might as well build it and let us know how you like it.

I would run a Tekin FXR ESC and some 35t motors in it, with a 2 or 3s lipo.
That will provide you with enough wheel speed to have some fun, while still having the ability to do some serious crawling.
Check out RC4WD for some tire choices.

Also, too much articulation is your enemy, a good rule of thumb is about 1 tire height.

Good luck with your build.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Any updates and or pics?