Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Just ordered a Clod, need your help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Just ordered a Clod, need your help

Hi,
I had one when I was a child, and well, since I'm still a child, I ordered another one.

I do however, need some help with the bearings. I'm trying to buy some ball-bearings from ebay for my new soon-to-arrive Super Clod Buster (not the metalic, but the blue edition). I'm a bit confused. I see two kits on ebay that both say they are "full bearing kits" but one has 20 bearings and the other has 24 bearings.

Can somebody please clarify which one I need so I can order to hopefully receive the bearings soon?

So the question is, for my new clod, do I need the 20 pc bearing set or the 24 pc?

Thanks!
4X42HEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Go with the 24!
mud-sweat-gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The Clod comes with 4 bearings, and 20 bushings. If you already have a complete Clod kit you only NEED 20. If you're starting from scratch, you would need 24. If you want all your bearings to be the same you will need to get 24. I guess it depends on how much a difference it is in cost between the two.

I personally use Tem Bluestar rubber sealed bearings. I get them on Ebay. They're inexpensive, rubber sealed to keep the gunk out, and seem to work well. They only send 20 bearings though.

Good luck, and have fun!
BackToThePast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

depends on the price difference. if the price was the same or within a buck or 2 i would go with the 24 even if you have 4 left. they would be spares in case of a bearing failure so you wouldnt need to get more
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote