Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Super Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Super Clod

I broke the 4 blue V shaped things on the bottom of my super clod and was wondering whether to fix them or buy a new chassis. Also i still have the 3 step controller on it and now the truck wont move unless the 3 step controller is on the 3rd part. I was planning on getting a new chassis and an ESC anyway but i want to make sure its not the motors first....
PastryLikeDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Super Clod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastryLikeDood
I broke the 4 blue V shaped things on the bottom of my super clod and was wondering whether to fix them or buy a new chassis. Also i still have the 3 step controller on it and now the truck wont move unless the 3 step controller is on the 3rd part. I was planning on getting a new chassis and an ESC anyway but i want to make sure its not the motors first....
Yep, MSC's suck and ALWAYS break down.

3 blue V shaped things? You'll have to get a pic... But yeah, you've reached the limits of a stock clod They're not that great in stock form.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ok those 4 blue things are the lateral arms... and actually the chassis is broken. It broke where the lateral arms connect to the chassis. So the pivot balls are still connected to the lateral arms but they got ripped out of the chassis D: I cant post pics though cuz my dads got the camera and hes at work

Question 2 : So i plan to get an ESC today, which one is good? I plan on getting either the Super Rooster or the Rooster (whichever fits into my budget).

Question 3 : I also plan on getting a new chassis.. I was thinking about the Rockraider Chassis Pro XL but it says it has Emaxx tranny mounts? Does that mean that i wont be able to run my clod tranny in it?

Also if i were to get a Rockraider chassis (any of them) or even a Mach 1 chassis would i need to buy any parts? Also with the rockraider chassis do i need the 4 link suspension or is that optional?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastryLikeDood
Ok those 4 blue things are the lateral arms... and actually the chassis is broken. It broke where the lateral arms connect to the chassis. So the pivot balls are still connected to the lateral arms but they got ripped out of the chassis D: I cant post pics though cuz my dads got the camera and hes at work
That sucks! Sounds like its time for a new chassis

Quote:
Question 2 : So i plan to get an ESC today, which one is good? I plan on getting either the Super Rooster or the Rooster (whichever fits into my budget).
You know what we all reccomend ;) SR is better w/ big servos.

Quote:
Question 3 : I also plan on getting a new chassis.. I was thinking about the Rockraider Chassis Pro XL but it says it has Emaxx tranny mounts? Does that mean that i wont be able to run my clod tranny in it?
Your clod has a tranny?? It is made for shafted rigs.. You could probably run it, but the Mach1 or one of the billion chassis' availible would work. Do NOT ask what chassis you should run, there are a LOT of threads on this..

Quote:
Also if i were to get a Rockraider chassis (any of them) or even a Mach 1 chassis would i need to buy any parts? Also with the rockraider chassis do i need the 4 link suspension or is that optional?
Probably, look at what it comes with at Http://www.rcrockgear.com
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:16 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Do you know anyone who has the mach 1 chassis? are they impressed? I suppose ill get the mach 1 chassis and hold off on the 4 link till christmas(80 bucks seems a little... pricey :? )If i dont get the Mach 1 ill probably get the Inet V3M chassis looks good 2 me. ( http://www.clodparts.com/products/chassis/50.html Probably gonna get the Super Rooster even though im only running one hitec hi-torque servo and one command CS-61 servo. Although if i get the ESC i wont be able to get a new chassis Hmm.... guess ive got some thinking to do
Old 12-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Didnt wanna edit ma post to show ya my pics so imma post the underbelly of my clod with its broken chassis . the quality isnt great but eh. If you can see the little silver areas thats the chassis brace plate. the grayish lookin stuff is JB Weld . Thinking og upgrading to the Inet RC V3M Chassis.