Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Clodzilla 4 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #1

Default Clodzilla 4 questions

Hi there. I'm brand new to RC crawlers and have a couple of questions. Any help is appreciated.

So I bought a used Clodzilla 4 chassis kit complete with axles etc and fitted with a pair of Titan 550 motors. The thing is pretty quick but I really want to turn it into a dedicated crawler so the first thing I want to do is lower the gearing. It's fitted with 16 tooth pinions at the moment and I do have a pair of adjustable momor mounts (integy I think) but if I use them with the 550s, I get clearance issues with the suspension links. Anyone out there have a similar setup or any advice on how to reduce the gearing on this setup. I thought about going to a pair of 540 can size motors as this will give me more clearance but I don't know how they would perform compared to the 550s.

The second question related to the ESC. The Clodzilla came with a Traxxas EVX and that works fine but I also have a new Super Rooster. While the EVX is wired for two battery packs and two motors, the Super Rooster only has one pair of wires for the battery and one pair for the motor. The instructions tell me I can hook the motor output to a pair of motors wired in series or parallel but there's not much info on the battery hook up (other than imnput voltage range). Do most people just run a single battery pack withe the Super Rooster or can you hook up a pair of packs?

Thanks in advance
TXFireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #2

Pair up some 65T's with 8 Tooth Pinions

A Super Rooster will survive your needs

Locking your Diffs are a must

Last edited by THX_138; 09-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote