Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Wheel Vibration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #1

Default Wheel Vibration

Hope you guys could help here. Please take a look at the youtube video. You'll notice the tires vibrating and if you look very close at the outer edge of the rim it appears out round. Now I first noticed this with stock rims and Giant Trac tires. Since then I have replaced rims, tires, axles and even the wideners and still have not isolated the issue. I even removed a drive nut and attached a barrel nut from a widener to see if everything looked staight and it doesn't it almost appears to be bent but again the axles are new. Any ideas before I bite the bullet and relace everything from gears to cases? Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_wS...&feature=inbox
Chvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

have any bearing slop? Either the bearings themselves or what they are mounted in? Mine do that a little as well. You dont have a loose steering linkage do you? From side view looks like it could be it. Just what I have had on mine b4.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #3

Both great ideas Rok. I was thinking bearing slop myself such as in the gearbox where the bearing is seated. I will also double check the steering linkages super busy this week but will do these things next weekend. Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #4

More then likely, its due to the wheels and tires being out of balance. The problem should become worse at high speeds, and the looser the suspension and fit of the components, the effect will be magnified.
prioret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #5

Prioret thanks for the comment but I think you missed this part of the post "I even removed a drive nut and attached a barrel nut from a widener to see if everything looked staight and it doesn't it almost appears to be bent but again the axles are new." The problem is there with tires and without. The tires are brand new and yes they have small flat spots however even with just the rims on the as they turn the rims appear out of crooked. As this is this is the 2nd set of rims that are doing this I am now thinking it's an internal issue.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Try running the same wheel without any wideners installed. I've seen the wideners themselves have issues before, just not often.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote