Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: My New Clod,(pics)? and of course , questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My New Clod,(pics)? and of course , questions!

Hey Everyone, so guess what, i just got my second clod buster, the day after i sold me first, ( Cruel World)

i ended up trading a tamiya king cab, futaba fx10 buggy and stampede roller for it, all it needed was a Tx/Rx to run,

anyways, its dusty, and has been run, i was wondering what a clod is worth, ive never had one stock/ and with a body, the guy said the body is rarer becuz of the raised chevy symbol, and something about the front end

i dont know enough about them to know, i got the clod with 3 things im mind, build it into a crawler, sell it and buy a crawler, or trade it for a crawler, specifically a axial scx10, i have an scx already and i love it, but the girlfriend wants a crawler for Christmas, and loves my Dingo

im on a budget, so imo not sure building it into a crawler is a good idea, but i have a spare set of electronics for a scx

anyways, i just wanted to show it off and see what everything thought,

last but not least, are these skid plates stock? my last clod didn't have them, and are the foam dust covers over the motor stock?

thanks for your input!

Last edited by stompjrkz400; 12-06-2011 at 10:28 AM.
stompjrkz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Nice rig, The skid plate are NOT stock. As for the foams, I'm not totally sure, but I dont think they are either. While it not really any rarer than the newer clods, its a bit more valuble with the bowtie grille. Clods are hard to price, They can go on ebay from $100-1000 on ay given day. I looked at 2 of them tonight at the LHS, 1 total custom on a ripper chassis with aluminum wheel, evx, fully dresses that can be had for a couple hundred bucks. Another on an old ESP chassis, evx, imex tires rtr, for about the same money.
kdrodworks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

ok, im not sure if im going to keep it yet, but if i do i thinkin i wanna keep the if more stock than a crawler for now, something like this, i like that setup alot

stompjrkz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
PapaGriz Yo

Long ago I built a fun crawler using the stock chassis. I just made some plates to attach new links to the chassis and braced the chassis with some aluminum, all available at Ace Hardware or Home Depot.

I then put the steering servo on the axle by making a mounting plate out of aluminum. Added some upper link mounts and had a fun rig to play with.

The Rock-Clod Gallery: A place to post u'r clod in action!

Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

That very clever grizz, very nicely done. Makes good use of the stock chassis.
kdrodworks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #6

Default Re: My New Clod,(pics)? and of course , questions!

Nice looking Clod, been searching for just that locally with no luck
Wheel_Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #7

Default Re: My New Clod,(pics)? and of course , questions!

I like the stock chassis mods, I've never been able to make myself throw my 1st one away. It's been yrs since I swapped it out to one of several different projects, nice work!
getoan is offline   Reply With Quote