Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: UA Taco NN Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

soldering iron crapped out tonight right when I started on the first deans plug
TxCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

you might want the body to sit the other direction.
DUIdirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Whoops. It will be turned around when I get to mounting it. Will also flip the tires around so they're all facing the right direction.
Have all the wiring finished except for making the antenna mount thingy. Only burned myself once too
I didn't get any pictures tonight mainly because my dumb roomate decided to go drive mine full speed into the table leg and busted the front servo horn (glad they weren't metal ) and then did something to strip one of the gears in the rear servo. I read somewhere this week on here that you can pull the gear out and rotate 180*. Guess that was a sign.

Last edited by TxCruzr; 08-03-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCruzr
Whoops. It will be turned around when I get to mounting it. Will also flip the tires around so they're all facing the right direction.
Have all the wiring finished except for making the antenna mount thingy. Only burned myself once too
I didn't get any pictures tonight mainly because my dumb roomate decided to go drive mine full speed into the table leg and busted the front servo horn (glad they weren't metal ) and then did something to strip one of the gears in the rear servo. I read somewhere this week on here that you can pull the gear out and rotate 180*. Guess that was a sign.
You know I always do things backwards anyway

Cool build!
wngrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I know how you drive. It doesn't matter how I put the body on, it's just going to get ripped off in a massive roll
Old 08-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

First picture is the tray I made to hold the ESC and reciever. On mine I used to left over bolts from the axle kit to mount it but I ended up using the body mounts to hold it on. Much smoother design and it knocks off 2 ounces
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th pics are of the best way to solder on deans plugs Used 2 visegrips and 2 aligator clips clamped to each other. The aligator clips also come in handy when soldering to the motors. You can clip them to a coil and have it hold the wire...makes it almost easy. Last one was when I was finishing up the wiring. I've since cleaned it up some but you get the idea.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Fancy antenna thingy. The parma body comes with a wing which works perfect for this.
The hs-645mg servos come with 4 or 5 servo horns so I cut the ones that would work into just a single post and drilled them out for the bolt. I used the shorter red one to try to cut down on the leverage on the servo.
Got the body trimmed up and mounted, and now it's ready for paint I think. Need to cut down the body mounts too.
Just waiting on a few small things like the steering arms and getting the body painted. I can't wait to see it with the finished body

Old 08-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

You should see the look on people's faces when they walk into my room and see these two

Old 08-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #29

Man, that is so bad *** looking!!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Just wait till the body is painted
I got the steering in but have 2 finals on wendesday and I'm moving out to live on a couch for a week before I can move into my new apt so progress will be slow for the next few days.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #31

Finals, sminals...finish!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Last time I saw you were you not telling me how important school was, or was that because your wife was there
I got the steering put together, just need to bolt it on. Body is on its way to the paint booth. Other than that it just about is finished. Once I get the steering put on I'm going to run it a few times and make sure everything it working and aligned correctly. I'll do that without the body so you can put the first scratch on it.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Last time I saw you were you not telling me how important school was, or was that because your wife was there
I got the steering put together, just need to bolt it on. Body is on its way to the paint booth. Other than that it just about is finished. Once I get the steering put on I'm going to run it a few times and make sure everything it working and aligned correctly. I'll do that without the body so you can put the first scratch on it.
Updates?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Getting off work in 10minutes and checking my mail. Planning on test driving tonight
Old 08-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #35
Im Brandon

Uh oh im causing a delay! Sweet build man
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

No your not. I got the last few parts in the mail but they sent the wrong thing There goes my productive evening :-(
Old 08-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #37
Im Brandon

Quote:
No your not. I got the last few parts in the mail but they sent the wrong thing There goes my productive evening :-(
Ouch, I hate that... Good news though, I found the missing stuff we talked about. They were hiding from me
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Great! I was going to worry if they were still here somewhere amongst my pile of boxes.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

They are sending out the correct parts next day, got a free set of bearings out of the deal too
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #40

Pics?