RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Clod Buster (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/)
-   -   First Stick Chassis Build...in Honduras (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/40437-first-stick-chassis-build-honduras.html)

cartronicshn 08-08-2006 06:09 PM

First Stick Chassis Build...in Honduras

4 Attachment(s)
Yet another project, this is my stick build up:) , you can see on the photo there is also a vertical smile in there:shock: , that will be another project:shock: , waiting on some more axles to come in:) i have also joined the brushless revolution on a setup from holmeshobbies.com thanks JRH,enjoy.

insane 08-08-2006 06:26 PM

hey cool... please keep us posted on everything.

i myself am VERY interested in the stick chassis build...

syco133 08-08-2006 09:22 PM

Keep us posted man I really like that chassis:flipoff:

cartronicshn 08-09-2006 06:58 AM

seen it before, have you?:flipoff: :)

BrandonW 08-09-2006 12:10 PM

what is that i see? is that a PIMP CANEEEEEEEE

cool man

:)

clodstall 08-09-2006 06:14 PM

doesnt really look like a stick though. lol nice start on a nice build it looks like.

Kamikaze 08-09-2006 08:41 PM

Just wondering, do you keep all these crawlers you build fot yourself or do you sell them, and do you own a hobbie shop?? I wish I had your budget for this stuff, I would never stop building. I guess I'm just a little jealous.:shock:

Highmark 08-09-2006 08:49 PM

Looks like a very nice project-you do some nice work so I'm eager to see what you can pull off with a Pimp Cane and those Revolvers:twisted:

I think you'll like the Pimp Cane alot, I've been very pleased with the performance of mine.

cartronicshn 08-10-2006 06:43 AM

Kamikaze, i own a car audio shop, i ve been in rc for over 25 years:shock: , i know i'am old:) , i also carry redcatracing rc cars in my store, as for a hobby shop there is no market down here for it ..yet:lol: , i'am trying to start a trend in rockcrawling down here, so far i have a handful of friends that are already getting into it:) , i do sell the clodbuster kit and tlt-1 also carry CPE products and some extra parts, as for selling the ones i have, i don't think so i enjoy every single one of them, as for budget i'am also limited by the wife:roll: ,lol.
Highmark it is definetly and interesting project, not sure if i'am going bl on the PIMP CANE or not i have a couple of lathe 75 and 65. Not sure if it's to ligt for the bl setup?

Kamikaze 08-10-2006 05:10 PM

humph.... lucky bum

microhelifool 08-11-2006 08:26 AM

where did you buy those diff lockers that are in you first pic?if you have a link that would be nice thanks.

cartronicshn 08-11-2006 08:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
a little progress:roll: , haven't installed the electronics or steering yet, but this CANE really flexes nicely, hopefully i can find a y harness for the mambas:x and install them later today:) , the diff lockers are awesome got them at http://www.inetrc.com/shopping/html/shopping_home.cfm

syco133 08-11-2006 02:05 PM

Looks good but you REALLY need to tighten the back bone down onto the cases if need be use a washer or 2 between the nut and the bottom of the axle case to allow you to tighten the backbone down also you need to tighten the axle locators up its really flexy allready it shouldnt flex like that till you run it 5 or 6 times the only place it flexes is between the axle locators in the center everything else should be rock solid.Hope this helps man.

andrewmp6 08-14-2006 07:42 AM

how many are you gonna build in a year lol glad to see you love them you might wanna build your own little rock hill

cartronicshn 08-14-2006 07:59 AM

check the pics on my CLAW:twisted: build :) , already started making one with different kind of rocks:)

Double J 08-14-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn
i own a car audio shop,

let me know what you think of these.

http://www.1doublej.com/7128.html - Finally getting a little leway on them.

cartronicshn 08-18-2006 11:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
finally some pics:roll: , i put on stock clod tires, the battery and electronics are in a temporary position, i'am waiting on a set of moabs for this rig, but so far it crawls amazingly good, this was my first run:shock: , can't wait for it to get all flexed up, it went through my rockpile as fast as my NN and THE CLAW rigs on clod tires!!:shock: ,consider the other two clods went through the pile on moabs xl!! I'am extremely happy with my PIMP CANE. Wait till i get it dialed in:twisted: :lol:
Need pics for body mounting options.

syco133 08-20-2006 05:26 PM

I put a plate to mount my electronics on, on the top of the back bone in the front and put body posts on each side of it and then put a body mount in the middle of the back bone on the rear to allow it to flex.I will try to add pics of mine later tonight.I need to give it a bath and take it out to dinner it WON our comp this weekend WOOOOTT:lol: And another pimp cane came in 4th

cartronicshn 08-21-2006 06:49 AM

Syco that's awesome news, like i said i was blown away as to how easy it crawled the same things as my NN and THE CLAW:twisted: , with stock clod tires which are also unglued:roll: , and my other 2 rigs on moabs xl, i'am waiting on some 23mm adapters to try a new set of narrow beadlocks with moab xl for my PIMP CANE:) .
As for the pics hurry..:) ;-)

andrewmp6 08-21-2006 08:52 AM

you gonna name it how about the ugly stick or the walking stick like the bug