Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Noob to the Clod World

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

Default Noob to the Clod World

Hey all. I have a completely stock Bullhead (Clod) that I get brand new from my dad when I was little. Always took great care of it but havent touched it in a LONG time. Its all stock and I probably wont want to change it that much except some upgrades. Here is what I am looking at...

I see some Jeep Bodies out there. Are there any that match up with the wheelbase of a stock Clod?

I am completely uninformed when it comes to servos, crystals, radios etc. I would say I am mechanically inclined but I have more experience with vehicles than R/Cs. I would like to upgrade servos and the radio but I have NO clue where to look or how to do it.

I remember my Clod used to track left or right so I am assuming it is out of alignment.

Also with an upgrade in radio I also remember that the 8 AAs it took really didnt last long at all, nor did the battery in the truck. Have there been upgrades that make the electronics last longer?

This might be in the wrong area and maybe there are stickies I can check out but I thought this might be the best spot because its all you Clod guys and gals. Thanks for the help!
minimight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Noob to the Clod World

I dont know about clods but i can tell you that getting some lipo batterys and a 2.4 radio and reciever would be a huge step in the right direction. Sky lipos can be had cheap. Im not sure what you have for electronics but im guessing old stuff so you are probably limited to 2s lipo maybe like a 30c 2500. You will need a lipo alarm or cut off too they are real cheap. For a good cheap rx/tx i recomend the flysky gt3b its a great radio for about $35
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Noob to the Clod World

I would check out rcmt.net and clodtalk.com for sum help with your clod...alot more Clod guys over there to chime in
Kingclod27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Noob to the Clod World - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clod Noob Pvt.Spoon Tamiya Clod Buster 2 03-08-2008 09:23 AM
k2 3s clod (noob) mickrcarver 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 02-15-2008 10:35 AM
Trying to get back into the clod world BCCrawlerZ Tamiya Clod Buster 4 04-28-2007 10:44 AM
Noob Clod ? ROCK god Newbie General 3 01-20-2006 12:43 PM