RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Clod Buster (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/)
-   -   TXT wheels on a clod, how? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-clod-buster/456877-txt-wheels-clod-how.html)

simon170 08-08-2013 01:04 PM

TXT wheels on a clod, how?

I got my first Clod the other day and I happened to already have a set of TXT wheels and tires sitting around, seeing as the TXT's look much nicer I thought I'd fit them on the clod (with alloy TXT adaptors) but when you try to fit them, the shaft isnt long enough to go through the wheel so you cant get a nut on it...

Whats the deal? Do I need different adaptors?

I know lugs on the back are different, hence using the TXT adaptors.

Any help welcome, thanks "thumbsup"

Mudsy 08-08-2013 06:49 PM

Re: TXT wheels on a clod, how?

Get some barrel nuts....

1x 30mm/1.18inch Barrel Nut

Can always shorten it up if too long....

EeePee 08-08-2013 09:15 PM

TXT stubs.

Duh. :mrgreen:

ThunderVP 08-08-2013 09:57 PM

Several ways to do this.

As you found out the TXT hubs are wider than the Clods hence the TXT outer axels are a little longer than Clod axels.

1. You could change the Clod axels to TXT axels and use your TXT hubs.
2. Use a short set of barrel nuts. (The ones shown above would need to be shortned down a bit to work.)
3. Use a set of universal Clod wheel wideners that will work with either clod or TXT wheels. They should come with the needed barrel nuts.
4. Cheapest method would be to drill out the holes in the stock Clod hubs to match the TXT holes. 7mm or 9/32" should work.

simon170 08-09-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudsy (Post 4432352)
Get some barrel nuts....

1x 30mm/1.18inch Barrel Nut

Can always shorten it up if too long....

Thanks for the tip, I've just found some Wheely king barrel nuts and shortend them on the lathe, seems to have done the trick, cheers"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 4432547)
TXT stubs.

Duh. :mrgreen:

I'm new to the Clod/TXT stuff :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderVP (Post 4432595)
Several ways to do this.

As you found out the TXT hubs are wider than the Clods hence the TXT outer axels are a little longer than Clod axels.

1. You could change the Clod axels to TXT axels and use your TXT hubs.
2. Use a short set of barrel nuts. (The ones shown above would need to be shortned down a bit to work.)
3. Use a set of universal Clod wheel wideners that will work with either clod or TXT wheels. They should come with the needed barrel nuts.
4. Cheapest method would be to drill out the holes in the stock Clod hubs to match the TXT holes. 7mm or 9/32" should work.

Used the TXT adaptors and M4 brarrel nuts, works a treat :mrgreen:

Thanks for your replies guys, very helpful indeed "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Kingclod27 08-14-2013 10:48 AM

The TXT stub axles are longer than the clod, so if you use the TXT hub and wheels you will have to pick up TXT stub axles and they will fit right on