Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Running 2 ESC in 1 clod???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Running 2 ESC in 1 clod???

Hello All,
I didn't not have much luck finding the info I was looking for in some searches...
I was leaning towards/trying to waterproof my Clod for the winter and only seem to find "waterproof" ESC's that are only capable of running 1 motor and 1 servo...
My current equipment consists of: 2- 55T (9T front & 10T rear) and 4WS w/ 5645MG's. I use a DX6 w/ an AR6000 receiver and normally a Super Rooster
Since the waterproof ESC's ratings only seem to handle 1 motor and 1 servo... I was wondering if any one has tried using 2 ESC (1 for each Axle) for crawling.... Would there be any benifit having each axle capable of it's own speed??... It would deffinately be more fun/challenging to drive...

I know lots of ppl put their ESC's in a ballon... wouldn't the Super Rooster heat up (with those fins) and melt the ballon???
BESIDES... I know my luck and it's NOT that good OR that would happen!!!
As for a water proof container... haven't been able to find one that would fit in this RC yet... :-(

Thank you for your time and Happy Turkey Day!

Bryan/RCholic
RCholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCholic
Hello All,
I didn't not have much luck finding the info I was looking for in some searches...
I was leaning towards/trying to waterproof my Clod for the winter and only seem to find "waterproof" ESC's that are only capable of running 1 motor and 1 servo...
My current equipment consists of: 2- 55T (9T front & 10T rear) and 4WS w/ 5645MG's. I use a DX6 w/ an AR6000 receiver and normally a Super Rooster
Since the waterproof ESC's ratings only seem to handle 1 motor and 1 servo... I was wondering if any one has tried using 2 ESC (1 for each Axle) for crawling.... Would there be any benifit having each axle capable of it's own speed??... It would deffinately be more fun/challenging to drive...

I know lots of ppl put their ESC's in a ballon... wouldn't the Super Rooster heat up (with those fins) and melt the ballon???
BESIDES... I know my luck and it's NOT that good OR that would happen!!!
As for a water proof container... haven't been able to find one that would fit in this RC yet... :-(

Thank you for your time and Happy Turkey Day!

Bryan/RCholic
Try searching for "digs"
Twin ESCs on clods have been proven in crawling and are widely used.
If your super rooster gets hot enough to melt a balloon then something is wrong with your setup so I would start with that instead of spending $100+ on speed controls that are more or less worthless for crawling
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I know those little blue boxes servos come in are waterproof. Just make a notch where the 2 halves meet for the wires, close it, then seal that notch with somthing.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I know this RIG runs 2 ESCs Started new tuber build works great for him . I have drove it . it take a little gettin use to . but after about 5 mins ,I was making hard climbs with it .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

"i didn't not have luck"
lol
double negative....means u did have luck...
insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd
I know this RIG runs 2 ESCs Started new tuber build works great for him . I have drove it . it take a little gettin use to . but after about 5 mins ,I was making hard climbs with it .
Yeah thats my rig, I think if you already have a dx-6 you should definitly try two esc's, also with the dx-6 you can mix the channels so that both esc drive with one stick and you can proportion it with the other. I have tried this with an v-tail mixer with some success, I prefer the two sticks seperate though.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote