Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

View Poll Results: clod chasis
Carbon Fiber NNTM and Aluminum NNTM Clodbuster Rock Crawling Chassis Kits 35 50.00%
the stick 24 34.29%
RcGuy Gecko 60/40 Pro Clodbuster Crawler Kit 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: which chasis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #1

Default which chasis?

i want a clod chasis but have no clue whats whats and the pros and cons. help would be great
eaglesfn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

THE PIMP CANE!

Upside: Cost is super affordable and the performance is really good. I love the float ability it has while crawling. No shocks are needed, and no links to get in the way.

Down side: Some don't like the recoil of the chassis.

Last edited by dezfan; 12-04-2006 at 02:26 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well there are more chassis out there, but if you have narrowed it down to just those three then you have my vote.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #4

wow im suprised by the results so far. i would have thought the stick would win easily. please post why you picked what you did so i could make the decision easier.
eaglesfn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfn68
wow im suprised by the results so far. i would have thought the stick would win easily. please post why you picked what you did so i could make the decision easier.
well i a a big fan of reallism

so no stick for me because i know i can drive the links

so i would say stay with the links where you need to be a real driver rather than any stick type where you just go and let the truck do the work . sure they are good chassis but is like having this for drifting .
jayyeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #6

oh yeah RCguy im supporting my home BC canada
Old 12-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

but also try the CPE products, IMHO i think the CLAW is one of the best chassis around.
http://www.crawfordperformanceengine...n/commerce.cgi
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyeone
well i a a big fan of reallism

so no stick for me because i know i can drive the links

so i would say stay with the links where you need to be a real driver rather than any stick type where you just go and let the truck do the work . sure they are good chassis but is like having this for drifting .
Yeah, whatever nOOb!

I guess many of the drivers at the Nats (including the national champ) can't drive as they were using Stick Style Chassis of some kind (BTW, the "Stick" chassis also has links).

Continue to educate us non drivers on the superior attributes of non stick style chassis.

I guess I had better forfeit my last win as it was w/ a Pimp Cane. When was your last victory and which chassis did you use? Just curious so I can run out and buy one.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Dez this isn't normal for you.....You sound agree....
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Yeah, whatever nOOb!

I guess many of the drivers at the Nats (including the national champ) can't drive as they were using Stick Style Chassis of some kind (BTW, the "Stick" chassis also has links).

Continue to educate us non drivers on the superior attributes of non stick style chassis.

I guess I had better forfeit my last win as it was w/ a Pimp Cane. When was your last victory and which chassis did you use? Just curious so I can run out and buy one.
LMFAO!!!
J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Dez this isn't normal for you.....You sound agree....
Sorry buddy, I have to sell my PC chassis and get a new one and THEN learn who to drive. Apparently the chassis has been doing all the driving for me.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I can see where he's coming from though. In no way did he discredit the performance of the "stick-style" chassis, just that their capabilities are a little excessive from a scale-ish realism standpoint. It's like 4wd vs. 2wd off-road racers, 4wd is much easier to maneuver around the track than a 2wd is, and will most likely beat the 2wd in a race. But some people like that added difficulty of driving 2wd.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser
I can see where he's coming from though. In no way did he discredit the performance of the "stick-style" chassis, just that their capabilities are a little excessive from a scale-ish realism standpoint. It's like 4wd vs. 2wd off-road racers, 4wd is much easier to maneuver around the track than a 2wd is, and will most likely beat the 2wd in a race. But some people like that added difficulty of driving 2wd.
exactly it .

oh yeah

dez something . my comments was not pointed to offend you or the others stick style drivers. it was just an opinion from someone you has had both stick and link style chassis. so cool down, and for you accomplishments thats good for you man .congrats
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well i a a big fan of reallism....

no stick for me because i know i can drive the links...

stay with the links where you need to be a real driver.

Scale realism? These are Clod based electric crawlers. Save the scale realism for the scale class. These are performance based competition crawlers!

I compete and want my chassis to be as competitive as possible!

If I feel that the Stick, Pimp Cane, or any other chassis for that matter offers me that competitive edge, I going to take it.

Your implication that those who choose not to limit themselves to linked chassis are lesser drivers is BS! That's what I'm getting from your response?

So according to you, my chassis of choice is not real? The Stick, the Pimp Cane, and other torsion style chassis require as much driving skill to use as any linked based chassis.

Their characteristics are different from link style chassis and require different driving skills to put the chassis possitive attributes to work for you while minimizing their shortcomings!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #15

you just dont stop lol

anyways just say you wouldnt have won that competition if you were driving not driving a torsion chassis . i know this for sure because i had a torsion chassis and that thing can get anywhere i wanted it to .

but like i said I like the basic link design I AM NOT POINTING AT YOU OR ANY OTHER DRIVER IN THIS FORUM SO CUT IT OUT. I WAS GIVING AN OPINION . AND THAT WAS IT . IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN TO BAD LIVE WITH IT .
Old 12-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

And I'm giving my opinion.

Same point applies!

Are you special?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Scale realism? These are Clod based electric crawlers. Save the scale realism for the scale class. These are performance based competition crawlers!

I compete and want my chassis to be as competitive as possible!

If I feel that the Stick, Pimp Cane, or any other chassis for that matter offers me that competitive edge, I going to take it.

Your implication that those who choose not to limit themselves to linked chassis are lesser drivers is BS! That's what I'm getting from your response?

So according to you, my chassis of choice is not real? The Stick, the Pimp Cane, and other torsion style chassis require as much driving skill to use as any linked based chassis.

Their characteristics are different from link style chassis and require different driving skills to put the chassis possitive attributes to work for you while minimizing their shortcomings!
x2
85mudblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

you have my vote on the few chassis you wanted to know about
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Dude, I'm not seeing this implication. At all.

Sure, the stick offers you the potential for increased performance. This does'nt discredit your driving skills, though. It just means you have even more potential. When someone volunteers to handicap their performance in the interest of preserving scale appearance, that's commendable in my opinion.
SammyXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you just dont stop lol

anyways just say you wouldnt have won that competition if you were driving not driving a torsion chassis . i know this for sure because i had a torsion chassis and that thing can get anywhere i wanted it to .

but like i said I like the basic link design I AM NOT POINTING AT YOU OR ANY OTHER DRIVER IN THIS FORUM SO CUT IT OUT. I WAS GIVING AN OPINION . AND THAT WAS IT . IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN TO BAD LIVE WITH IT .
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you haven't ever even been in challenging terrain or been in serious comps against others... have you?

I'll tell you now, that every single person who has built a crawler thinks that it is absolutely the best thing ever, until they face someone else. What they can do compared to a 1:1 or any other RC makes them look godly. Then you come up against someone who knows what they are doing and they make you look silly.

I've seen your home built torsion chassis. If that went everywhere you wanted it to go, you didn't want to go very far.

Last edited by Unholy; 12-05-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote