Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 1st tuber issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 1st tuber issues

Here's my first try at a crawler.

Specs-
JB'ed clod axles ( bought it 17 yrs. ago )
65t lathes
8t pinons
TTR axles
G Made knuckle braces
Integy piggyback shocks
645mg servos
G Made upper link mounts
4/40 allthread sleeved with 3/16 and 1/4 tubing links
8.4v Integy pack
Narrowed Axiom beadlock wheels
Holey roller beadlock rings
Moabs with Airsoft BB active foams
1/4 and 3/16 brakeline MIG welded frame

Anyway I'm having a few problems so far. My front links hit the motor leads at full flex. The front of the chassis hits the steering servo. I should be able to fab a lower axle brace mount to clear it. I also screwed up the link mounts on the chassis. The upper link mounts are inboard of the lower link mounts which screws with my caster angles. I may fab new mounts but I'll have to make new links also. I'll probably do them out of solid aluminum this time as the chassis is getting pretty heavy. Hood should be arriving this week so I can address some of the clearance problems and check the fit.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated thanks, Jeremy
Attached Images

redrustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Good job for your first tuber..Its all trial and error....nothing that cant be fixed with a deremel and more tubing...Did you start out with a design on paper or did you just "wing it" as you went? The toughest part is getting all the link and shock mounts correct... now ..get back to work..lol
RCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWizard
Good job for your first tuber..Its all trial and error....nothing that cant be fixed with a deremel and more tubing...Did you start out with a design on paper or did you just "wing it" as you went? The toughest part is getting all the link and shock mounts correct... now ..get back to work..lol
Thanks. I'm waiting on the hood then I'll start rebuilding the chassis. Yeah, I definitely winged it. I studied up as much as I could on this forum, other 1:1 forums and mags then started building. Unfortunately I missed some things. The link and shock mounts were definitely the toughest that's why I tried to leave lots of holes for adjustments. Apparently I need more.:neutral:
redrustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote