Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Clod Crawler? (pictures and questions...)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 2.2 Clod Crawler? (pictures and questions...)

Hey guys. I rarely ever post here. Always thought the crawlers and builds were really neat, just never bought or built one. Back this winter I bought a box of clodbuster parts from a member here and decided to build kind of a hill climber/all around monster truck out of it. It works well, but I have other r/c's that can serve that purpose and I was thinking about trying out a little bit of crawling. I wanted it to look a little more scale so I think im going to run some 2.2's. I lowered the body last night and threw on some 2.2's I already had. I like the look of it. The way I built the truck was using a wheely king chassis, some nice HPI Aluminum shocks, stock clod axles with bearings and a locker in the rear, and a traxxas EVX-2 with 21t Titans. Ive been running it on either 4s lipo or two 7 cell's, but I also have a 3s that would save some weight and provide plenty of power for crawling. Wheelbase is about 12.75". I need to try to get some more steering out of the front because its pretty pathetic at the moment. Im also going to lock the front diff. Anyway, Im going to try and compile my questions and pics/info in this thread. Im open to any advice because im still pretty new to the clod, but I know this truck inside out since I built it from the ground up. Ill post some pictures of it with the setup I had with the stock wheels, and then also showing it with the 2.2's which is what I plan to try out for crawling.

So, with that said, what else should I consider changing just to get my feet wet? I want to keep some wheel speed so im not going to gear it real low. Its got 14t pinions at the moment. It'll still serve duty as a fun hill climber as well, but I just want to make it a pretty capable rock machine too. The steering is my #1 concern right now because it just doesn't turn tight. Does a person have to have CVD's or can I do some more grinding and clearancing and keep the stock dogbones and get what I need? Thanks for any help

cummins driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2.2 Clod Crawler? (pictures and questions...)

Unless you have these,

Grizzy miniclod axles, extensive modifications would be needed to make a 2.2 clod crawler, but it can be done.

A link to my old build.

True 2.2 MOA in Clod Style
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2.2 Clod Crawler? (pictures and questions...)

Totally forgot about this, look up 2.2 pimp cane in the search button.

A simpler way of building a 2.2 clod, using aluminum c channel and zero offset rims.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote

2.2 Clod Crawler? (pictures and questions...) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clod buster crawler build questions BertotD Tamiya Clod Buster 2 10-18-2015 07:14 PM
Budget Clod crawler? Not anymore, haha. (lots o pictures) Meatbag General Crawlers 0 12-26-2011 07:17 PM
setup questions, pictures Howard Axial XR10 42 12-08-2010 05:19 PM
Clod Crawler questions? Spicercars Newbie General 1 06-05-2010 08:46 PM
Clod Pictures john alardin Chit Chat 2 07-09-2006 08:44 AM