Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Anyone else getting a Clod Buster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #21

Default Re: Anyone else getting a Clod Buster?

Oh well, I just bought myself a star. Some pictures I took during my build progress:
Attached Images

Last edited by usert_l; 01-07-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Adding more pictures
usert_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Nice write up, i started building a clod with spares i have left from my other 4 clod super crawlers , i still have some more spares left i only need axle shafts and tubes and i would have another complete set of clod axles to build around. Anyways i love these clod builds.

P.s. i just noticed i reached my post #5000....
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

i just finnished catching up on this thread first that diff grease wont do anything to lock or even slow the diff action and that oring will just cause stress on your motors and esc because of the way the clod gears are mad3 you dont have alot of options open or closed thats about it jb weld dose a great job of locking the diffs
your not gona get much more steering out of stock clod parts if you want to run cvs you also need the matching knuckle and axle toobs to go with them
the tire absolutly need.to be glued those motors put down alot of torque and the rims will slip inside the tire they must be glued

i dont know what you want out of.this truck but some other mods i would.recemend would be locking out the rear steer or have rear steer on a different channel the rear steer make this rig squarely at any kinda speed and being a moa set up a dig set up would.be more usefull the wheel base is to short for any kind of crawling and the link set up just sucks i ended up using wraith upper links and 4 linked mine and exstend3d the wheelbase by 2 inches it drives so much better and since the axles dont interfere with the chassie anymore i was able to lower it about a inch with out hitting the chassie it wont ever keep up with the new stuff but there alot of fun
i have one set up as a go fast its fun as hay on the track too but the only thing left on it that is og clod are the axles the rest of it is aftermarket
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:45 AM   #24

I intend to keep it stock and original as it was designed. I like to use my own hardware if I already them (hex screws, steel ball studs, stronger rod ends, etc ...). Any modifications made are aimed to slightly improve the performance and durability. Otherwise mine will look and drive the same as a complete stock, old school Clod.

I got to test drive it today. The HH motors have plenty torque for wheelies, and don't even feel warm after 15 minutes (it was 55 deg outside). So far everything works good. I will post up more pictures of the build later.

Last edited by usert_l; 01-30-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #25

I am going to get some more M3 nylon lock nuts and hex screws in case I need to crack open the Clod's gearboxes in the future. I used the kit's plain nuts during the build and having to put thread lock on each and every one of those nuts was too tedious for me (even though not required in kit build instruction). So there will be no more of those once I get my new screws and nuts.
Attached Images

Last edited by usert_l; 01-30-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #26

First time driving the Clod on some light snow.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2021, 07:13 PM   #27

I was looking for a No. 2 Phillips screw driver and ended up getting this Craftsman from Lowe's. It fits the Tamiya screws pretty well, although I've read that JIS screw driver is the proper tool for them. The rubber handle grip feels good and its red/black colors match the Clod's too. What screw driver do you guys use?
Attached Images

Last edited by usert_l; 03-23-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Anyone else getting a Clod Buster? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's not a Clod Buster - It's the God Buster SINNER Tamiya Clod Buster 5 11-28-2006 07:08 AM