Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Motor & ESC suggestions for Super Build with Clod Buster Axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Motor & ESC suggestions for Super Build with Clod Buster Axles

Building another Hustler Super Crawler with Clod Buster Axles. It's been awhile since I ran my original Hustler with 55T Integy motors. Is there a better option for motors and esc with the new technology in electronics?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Motor & ESC suggestions for Super Build with Clod Buster Axles

I'm using the kit stock ESC. Take a look at Hobbywing ESCs. They also make one for dual brushed motors application. For brushed motor, look into Holmes Hobbies and Team Brood.
usert_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

i feel there are more opions available to you by using 2 escs instead of 1 especialy if your gona use it like a comp crawler
i would sugest a esc thats programable like a hobbywing 1080 or a castle something then pick up a controler that has throtle and steering mixing for dig and or rear steer
the holms hobbies motor are awsome johns a great guy and his motors are only a few dollors more than there chinese counterparts and much better quality just beware of fakes on ebay and amazon he sells budget motorrs made in china to his specks all the way up to hand wound brushed motors made here in the us but they will cost you your first harvest he also sells resonable brushless motors and is also working on building his own escs but i dont know how ready they are i get the feeling theres still alot of testing going on right now he is selling them now as a kit and people are customizing them already lol his esc story has been alot of fun to follow with just reading along its almost like being a part of it lol

he also sells servos he started the direct power servo craze that everyother brand is now jumping in to
the only problem is there so fast and so strong they can break stuff if your not carefull lol maybe thats not realy a problem but the servo is stronger than the plastic partz your hooking them up to

Last edited by ferp420; 07-17-2021 at 07:33 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:20 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i would definetly try 3 or 4s capable escs and 35t motors on 6,7,8 pinions with a radio with mixing capabilities for dig, 4ws and full proportional and independent front/rear motor control, i have built a couple clods (non crawler, these are shelved waiting for a rebuild...someday) in the last couple of years and the hw1080 has been my go to esc, also my hacked gt3b have done the job

Last edited by cartronicshn; 12-04-2023 at 09:23 AM.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

Motor & ESC suggestions for Super Build with Clod Buster Axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Clod Buster build FormallySkullking Mega/Monster Trucks 5 06-23-2019 08:13 AM
Clod Buster dual motor on AE-2 ESC? cogfounder Electronics 4 05-06-2012 11:05 AM
super clod buster 4x4x4 ILoveRCRockCrawlin Tamiya Clod Buster 4 04-02-2005 08:59 PM