Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: What chassis?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #21
bendforthebone

i was just helping a friend
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #22
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtodabone
dude MANTIS don't own that company my friend courtney(BLADE) does
thats what i keep hearing, but yet why does he say its his chassis?plus aint he the one who built the radio? he also used to have clodmodracing set as his homepage and a big sig pimpin that site out.so even if it aint his site, he sure seems to try and pimp alot of people towards that site to look at his stuff :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS
I'm plugging my own chassis, but hey, everyone else is. It is the www.clodmodracing.com CX chassis.

Let me know if you have any questions, jsut follow the link on the website in the upper left corner.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I do make the CX and mantis is a friend of mine.

SiameseDog

If you have any more questions on the CX let me know I will get some more pictures sent to you on monday

Thanks
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #24
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS
I'm plugging my own chassis, but hey, everyone else is. It is the www.clodmodracing.com CX chassis.
Mantis, why do you keep trying to pimp a product that is supposedly not made by "you"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE
I do make the CX and mantis is a friend of mine.

SiameseDog

If you have any more questions on the CX let me know I will get some more pictures sent to you on monday

Thanks
Blade, even if he is a friend of yours, why do you not care if he takes credit for a chassis you supposedly built?

Here's the deal,
Mantis, if you want to continue to "plug your own chassis" then you will need to buy a blue vendor star.

Blade, Please clear up this confusion as to who actually makes the chassis. If Mantis is part owner/builder/designer then he needs to buy a blue vendor star to pimp "his" chassis.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it sort of seems like someone is trying to get out of paying for a vendor star. :?

Thanks,
Badger
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #25
PapaGriz Yo

Mantis, I assumed you were not affiliated with ClodMod Racing but had just help Blade design the radio. I did not read closely enough to notice you claim the CX as "my chassis".
This needs to be cleared up, if you are affiliated with ClodMod Racing then you need a blue star to pimp ClodMod products. Otherwise leave it to Blade or your customers to recommend your products.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 03-06-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Default Cx

Grizzly

Mantis didnt help me disign or make the CX I have done that all on my own but Mantis is a part of Clod mod racing and and he will have a vendor star within 24 hrs sorry for the Confusion.

Blade
Old 03-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #27
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE
Grizzly

Mantis didnt help me disign or make the CX I have done that all on my own but Mantis is a part of Clod mod racing and and he will have a vendor star within 24 hrs sorry for the Confusion.

Blade
I thought you had done the CX on your own.

Thank you for resolving this Blade. We are not trying to be asses but just trying to be fair to all the vendors that have paid for blue stars.
Thanks again.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Grizz

Not a problem hope to see you at a comp again somtime

blade
Old 03-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #29

Wow I'm famous.
We ought to start a thread about "The secret life of Mantis..."
I bought a blue star, not sure if it's there yet.
I run a CX chassis, that is what I ment when I said "my chassis" is the CX chassis. I was not saying that it was mine design or whatever. I do run clodmodracing with Blade, but the chassis is his baby and I don't make a cent off them. I actually paid him cost for the one I have. We both did the unlimited motor mounts together, and likewise we split that profit down the middle.
I am an Electronics Tech finishing up my Electrical Engineering degree. I did design and build the UTQ3 radio. It took me alot of time and money to get them just right, and a ton of effort goes into building one.
I have plugged clodmodracing stuff a few times. I have offered a ton of electronics help to guys too. If you read my posts, you would know that.
When my profile was too heavy on the clodmodracing stuff I took it off. I didn't want to be out of line. When I plugged Blade's chassis I also commented that most any chassis that is on this site is good for crawlin and then I said where to find info on the CX.
Well I hope that clears the air and confusion. I anyone has anything they would like to as feel free.
By the way, Blade let me know that I needed to get a star about a week ago and let me know how to do it.
MANTIS is offline   Reply With Quote