Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: What chassis?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What chassis?????

what chassis should i get?there are soo many to chose from!i'd like to keep the price around $200. is the gecko good what about the V2? how about the Inet V3M Clodbuster?any comments will help.
SiameseDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Have you checked out the TCS Extreme from http://www.thecrawlerstore.com yet?
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Have you checked out the TCS Extreme from http://www.thecrawlerstore.com yet?
ya i have seen it but...(improbably gonna get bashed for this) i don't consider it a crawler. plus i don't think a tube and a bit ofsheet metal is worth $219.99!lol
Old 03-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

You won't get bashed by me, you're entitled to your opinion. As far as it not being a real crawler, it crawls better than anything I've seen (IMHO), but no, it doesn't resemble a real truck. And from what I understand, it was never designed to. Good luck whichever you choose.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiameseDog
ya i have seen it but...(improbably gonna get bashed for this) i don't consider it a crawler. plus i don't think a tube and a bit ofsheet metal is worth $219.99!lol
Not gonna bash, just going to make a point here.

1. You don't consider it a crawler, if by that you mean that is doesn't look like one, you're right, it doesn't. If you mean that it won't perform, you are way wrong and need to spend a little more time reading around on the site.

2. You don't think a tube and a bit of sheet metal is worth $219.99, your right again, rundown to the hardware store and grab some tube and sheetmetal and see how well it crawls. What you are paying for is a complete chassis, that is ready to bolt together, and has been tested and known to work. Along with that from The Crawler Store, you also get excellent customer service.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Jason is right. The material alone isn't really that much. (although some of it is special ordered from out of state due to an oddball wall thickness/OD ) There is a decent amount of machine work involved as well (might as well let the cat out of the bag, I machine these to Kev's specs.) I don't know of too many people who are as devoted to finding the absolute best combinations of equipment to use in regards to how they'll effect performance. You should see this guy's battery pack "collection"... I lost track of how many that he's had specially made for this chassis in hopes of finding the perfect balance between weight, run-time, size, durability, adaptability and longevity of use. He is also one of the most meticulous people I know when it comes to attn. to detail. Which is good for the customer, but somtimes a PITA for me... (ex. changing chassis angles by 2.5º to improve articulation by a hair, etc. )

So for anyone else interested, rest assured that you're getting your money's worth and then some.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

wow i didn't know how much work went into that chassis!!!it sounds pretty detailed!maybe it isn't just a tube and some sheet metal. i've seen a coouple videos and that chassis will go over just about anything you tell it to. you guys were right.i jsut an idiotlol
Old 03-02-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Kill Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, making a chassis is hard, and very time consuming.

And Patrick... you're not in the military anymore, you can't just kill people at random
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #10
Say hello to my dactylion

Well... There is the new UTRCRC vPrime (v3) that is SO close to hitting the market. We hope that we can price it around $150-$175. If you really want one I can hand make you one for $175. It will take a few weeks from payment to complete though.

-PF
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

I got a chassis I'll sell you. Used but in good shape. One of a kind.
Texrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #12

I'm plugging my own chassis, but hey, everyone else is. It is the www.clodmodracing.com CX chassis. It comes with the whole chassis and dual steer. More info and other stuff on the website.
I have to say that the chassis kits that people on this page sell are all going to be nice. Just get a crawler type chassis and not a ESP...thunder tech type. Just my personal opinion, but there is alot of work that goes into these kits and they are well worth it.
Let me know if you have any questions, jsut follow the link on the website in the upper left corner.
MANTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
Well... There is the new UTRCRC vPrime (v3) that is SO close to hitting the market. We hope that we can price it around $150-$175. If you really want one I can hand make you one for $175. It will take a few weeks from payment to complete though.

-PF
wow! a V3! i love the way v2's feel. my friend has one and they rock! do you know when the chassis will be available? within a week, month, century??? do you have any pictures of the chassis/prototype? i wanna see this puppy!
Old 03-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #14
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiameseDog
wow! a V3! i love the way v2's feel. my friend has one and they rock! do you know when the chassis will be available? within a week, month, century??? do you have any pictures of the chassis/prototype? i wanna see this puppy!
Thanks... Hopefully it will be available very soon (waiting on a few production details) hopfully early April (DON"T QUOTE ME ON THAT...hehehe) Pics real soon....I promise. For now here is a shot of the prototype that has been tested for the past 5 months.
The production model is a little visually different and has a few tweaks but basically the same.

-PF
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS
I'm plugging my own chassis, but hey, everyone else is.

Let me know if you have any questions

People who plug their chassis on RCC have a vendor star(Blue)... you are not allowed to "plug" your chassis or parts without paying for the vendor status. Those are the rules.... yet some how, certain people can get by without getting caught :?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
People who plug their chassis on RCC have a vendor star(Blue)... you are not allowed to "plug" your chassis or parts without paying for the vendor status. Those are the rules.... yet some how, certain people can get by without getting caught :?
it seems you learn something everyday :?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:36 PM   #17
bendforthebone

dude MANTIS don't own that company my friend courtney(BLADE) does
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtodabone
dude MANTIS don't own that company my friend courtney(BLADE) does
ya i knew there was something fishy cause i talked to courtney yesterday about the v2
Old 03-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #19
bendforthebone

the V2? he makes the CX I sold his first one for him
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtodabone
the V2? he makes the CX I sold his first one for him

Dude... you should start a business You and bigred should get together, you two kids could make a butt load of cash for all the cool stuff you do for other people

Did you get any sort of kick-back due to your power selling abilities?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote