Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Say hi to Blue!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Well... How about some pics and vids once ya get the weather for it? That'd be cool to see...

I know what it's like... Waitin' for the weather... We haven't been out for a while, TWP, 'cos of the weather lately here...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

looks great man. the home made chassis is awesome.

i see 2 problems though
1. 645's probably wont be enough for 40's
2. 55t's probably are a little lacking, id up grade to some 65t's or gear down a lot.

other than that it looks like an excelent comp rig.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

yeah i made a video the other day of it going up my stairs as soon as i upload it ill post it here for yall to see, second thanks for the compliments on the rig, so far the 645's are doing a good job but if they go down ill go heavier, secondly the gearing is still fast, it does climb well but i think it might be nicer to be a bit slower, but we will see i still have yet to really take it out and put it on the rocks. And as for being a comp rig, wow, your making me blush, lol, it really wasnt built to compete more just to show other people what it could do, but thanks for the compliments!!
cloddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

ok this is all i got, i had already been going at this for a half hour when the ol lady finally came out with the camera and videotaped it, but yeah here is a little shot of what i was able to do so far....

Old 03-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Wow... That DOES climb up them stairs pretty well... I can't get mine to get the rear wheels up a stair let alone a whole flight...;) But then, I also have a short WB truck, too...

Good job, man... If it hits stairs that well, it'll be awesome on the rocks...

Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

yeah i am still waiting to get some actual rock riding in, but i will be out there this week hitting whatever i can find, i will post up a nice vid showing how it goes, i cant wait, oh man can i ever not wait!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #27

Default specs

I can't seem to guage how big your truck is. Would you mind measuring the WB and under the belly? How long are those shocks?

I absolutely love how this thing looks!

Last edited by Locked; 03-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

ok here are every measurement that i can think of...

wheel base - 18 3/4'' ( yeah i know, bigger than i thought it was going to be)

actual length - 25 1/2 ''

under belly pan height - 4 5/8 ''

under belly pan at full squish of suspension - 2 1/2 ''

height under a lifted front tire - 10 3/4 '' ( this is how much i can lift the front tire off the ground before a rear lifts )

height under rear lifted tire - 9 5/8 ''

Distance between front treads and rear treads - 12''

track width - 15'' ( outside of left tire to outside of right tire )

height to the roof - 11 7/8''

shock size - 6 1/2'' ( upgraded savage aluminum shocks )

Tire height - around 6 1/2'' depending on what weight is resting on the truck and position

anything else i didnt think of that you can just ask!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Holy.. This truck'll make my Gecko II look like a lil TLT next to it...;) That's a big one, man...

Yea... You gotta get it on some rocks and grab some vid of it in action... That I'd like to see with a rig that big... See if there's any advantages... I DO need to longer... Just how/where, I donno....
Old 03-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

im gonna have it out on some rocks this week for sure, maybe next two days or so its clearing up real nice here now so ill be heading to a spot i have found to test the truck.

As for making your rig bigger and longer its just the way you build it from the begining i think, i wanted it big and it ended up bigger ( ? ) i dunno how that worked but oh well. if anything try longer links for a start, that will atleast give you the longer wheel base, then go to a larger tire if you want the height, its the big stuff that makes it big! Mine is a tad large but i am thinking it will make for some nice crawling on the rocks and not just stairs, i didnt build a rockcrawler just to drive it up stairs all day although it is good at it, lol

new vids soon to come though so no worries, you will get your fill by the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

I'd like to go into a 60/40 kinda setup, I think... Mebbe add some longer rear links to what I have now or just get the 60/40 Pro links from RC Guy himself and keep it as Gecko as possible... >shrug< 2" more would make a world of difference for my truck...
Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #32

Did you show that video to fabguy yet he wants to see mine climb stairs.
DanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

i dont know if he has seen it yet but i think he will see it soon enough, i have told him about it, so we will see what happens, he also wants to get together and run the trucks and see how a clod compares to his maxx, i guess we will see, he does have me by a bit of size i think but that may also be against him, who knows....

more pics and vids hopefully tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

ok as promised i got in some footage of a little playtime, finding the angles that this truck is good for and not, as well, i really need to lock the rear axle, i injured my hand in doing the front so i wasnt able to do the rear at the time, i know dont ask!!!! But anyways it works ok for just having teh front locked....

Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Great work nice vid
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Yeah i am pretty happy with how it is performing, i have made a course in my backyard with the same kinda rock/concrete blocks and made it fairly hard to cross, and i was surprised at how well the truck is able to handle on it. Next will be some video of it running on my backyard course, unfortunatley i got rain here so it will be another day or two. Gotta have this truck dialed for the meet in pickering this month!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Me and DanR took our rigs to the river today but it was way to muddy to get any video footage, just got the tires caked with mud, so i took a couple shots of the trucks together...