Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: axle bolts/nuts and cracked housing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default axle bolts/nuts and cracked housing

I purchased a set of axles from a user on this board and the axles are missing quite a few nuts. The bolts where the axle tube bolts on the housing are there but no nuts so they are falling inside the housing. Is there a specific bag of nuts/screws for the clod axles i can buy so i can tear it down and rebuild it with all the screws/nuts i need? Or should i just go to home depot or somewhere to get tiny nuts/bolts? I saw Parts Bag A on ebay but not sure if that's the right bag. It doesn't seem to have any nuts included.

I noticed on one of the axles that it's cracked where the upper-link mount part goes in. The axles came with heim joints for a stick and apparently they were tightened too tight and it cracked the plastic where the heim drops in. The crack goes down about 1/2 way. Will super glue fix this or will it eventually break again? I really don't want to buy another housing since i already ditched out a bit for these axles.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
I purchased a set of axles from a user on this board and the axles are missing quite a few nuts. The bolts where the axle tube bolts on the housing are there but no nuts so they are falling inside the housing. Is there a specific bag of nuts/screws for the clod axles i can buy so i can tear it down and rebuild it with all the screws/nuts i need? Or should i just go to home depot or somewhere to get tiny nuts/bolts? I saw Parts Bag A on ebay but not sure if that's the right bag. It doesn't seem to have any nuts included.

I noticed on one of the axles that it's cracked where the upper-link mount part goes in. The axles came with heim joints for a stick and apparently they were tightened too tight and it cracked the plastic where the heim drops in. The crack goes down about 1/2 way. Will super glue fix this or will it eventually break again? I really don't want to buy another housing since i already ditched out a bit for these axles.

I am not sure what parts bag goes where, but I purchased a set of clod axles from INETRC.com recently and when I got them in all of the screws didn't come with it, some did though, so I took those and went to Ace Hardware and found everything I needed to replace those that were missing.

As far as the crack goes, I haven't ever tried to use if on plastic, but I would think you could probably use some JBWeld to put it back together. There is also a type of modeling "glue" that I used on my warhammer models awhile back that would actually bind two pieces of plastic together on a molecular level, I just can't recall the name now. Here is a type of glue you might try as well that I just googled...IPS Weld
RCCrawlerTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

You can attach the axle tubes to the case half using 6-32 socket head cap screws....just tap the case halves. Makes it easier to remove the tubes without splitting the case.
Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
RCC Addict

i ordered parts bag a, b, and c from the vender here. I will have left over screws for later on
Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Debunking old stereotypes

A new Clod axle case is about $-6-7. I wouldn't try gluing it for that cheap.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
A new Clod axle case is about $-6-7. I wouldn't try gluing it for that cheap.
I tried super glue and that didn't even work at all. The seller is making it right and sending me a new center section so that's good.