Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: AJ's Clod FINISHED w/pics 9.23.05 page2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #41

With the arrow links have you tried hot glue. Another good way is to split the insert down the middle to the point where the screw bottoms out, when you insert the screw it will force the split ends apart, sort of like a wall anchor.
Dnmeistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Well this thing hasn't changed in almost a year. I've been too busy with my son and now school. But since I recently learned my brother in law basically stole the other RC I gave my Nephew and parted it out into some hermaphradite and selling it didn't quite pan out. I'll try and finish it up. I've got the parts, though the ESC is in my Comp TLT rig, I'll try and get it going next week.

To keep the links from pulling apart I used a center punch to put small dipples into the tubing to hold the insert in place. It seems to be working.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

I was having problems with my arrow links coming apart, so I drilled all the way through the insert, and retapped it. Then I used all thread all the way through. I didnt know how strong they would be, but I have bent the bottom of my chassis, and broken 5 axle tubes, but the links are still perfectly straight.
beatnbruised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #44
I lost my vendor privileges

well get started back on it.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I"m going to my storage place to get the rest of the parts maybe tonight or tomorrow then while I'm at school I'll get it finished. Then I found somebody at school who has a welder so I"ll start my comp tube chassis soon too.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote