Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Clod Question???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #1

Default Clod Question???

I am wondering if anyone has much experience with the Dragoon chassis? I noticed they have pics of it crawling. It looks like it would do good with some narrow wheels but I am just getting started so I dont now much but this chassis. Here is a picture:

If you know much let me know
FreakyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Looks nice but if your going to go with Gmade I think the spider is more of a winner http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/chassiskits.html. Its not a bad deal considering its a complete roller, although I really dont know if the axles it comes with are of the same or better quality as the tamiya clod axles. I really think you should take your time if your new and check out the "clod build up thread" and look at all the options for chassis.How to build a Clodbuster Rock Crawler

Also it cant hurt to browse around the clod section and look at what everyone else is building.
Clodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

That chassis looks to have a very low belly height and would most likely not have enough ground clearance for any serious crawling. As the previous guy mentioned there are a few really good chassis available from people on this site. I just finished a pimp cane and let me say it's amazing. The stick and the hustler chassis have a huge following also.
totalxbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm sure it does alright. But there are alot better choices out there. Check around here in this section and see what you like. Pretty much every vendor here has a chassis that works with Clod axles. Double J, Bender, run2jeepn, CPE, RCP, The Crawler Store, insanerc and others...And I think any od these chassis can be built and out crawl any G-made chassis. but thats just me.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #5

I figured that it would be decent with a few mods to it. Does anyone know where I can pick up a Flaming Goat for my TLT build. I have too many projects going and not sure what to use for chassis's.
FreakyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

theres a post on here about someone already breaking there gmade axles id go for a clod based crawler cheaper and better parts out there for a clod then that gmade one
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote