Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: photos needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #1

Default photos needed.

Someone has closeup pic of the clod axles, which shows the stock servo mount rod links etc...?

Just placed an order of a clod buster, but it will not be arriving until monday, so I get to start working on the chassis build this weekend, so when the kit comes, chassis will be ready for the axles.
iphong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Take a little advice, don't start the chassis untill you have all the components, or you will end up building 2.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #3

I may not want to build the chassis now, but just wondering how the stock rod links and servo mount look like. Seems not to find any on Google. Just to get a plan so when it comes it will be a little faster, and I'm not wasting the whole weekend.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
MWRCA'er

I would consider the stock linkage and servo mounts to be unusable. On a stock clod the servo (yes one) is actually mounted in the center of the chassis. The servo uses a whole lot of sloppy linkage think 4 rods and a bellcrank to transfer motion. This setup would never work well enough to make a comp crawler out of.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
I would consider the stock linkage and servo mounts to be unusable. On a stock clod the servo (yes one) is actually mounted in the center of the chassis. The servo uses a whole lot of sloppy linkage think 4 rods and a bellcrank to transfer motion. This setup would never work well enough to make a comp crawler out of.
Exactly. Do yourself a favor, either make or buy some good "on-axle" servo mounts. You will be much happier.
TwistedMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #6

I definitely will. Thanks for the helps.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

it has a 4 rod set up with a single servo and each axle has a spring loaded thing that acts like a servo saver. and if you jump it the steering rods will move and make you land funny. and the speed controler that comes with it is a old idea uses a servo to work and is sucky. heres the kinda steering set up they are talking about http://www.rcguy.com/index.php?main_...5d482437c1e560
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I just got another pair of Clod axles the other day... The steering for stock is odd to say the least... After traversing the chassis and links, it comes to a strange looking bellcrank that goes thru the top link mount on the tranny case.. Odd indeed...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Hey man, check out the sticky thread at the top of the clod buster forum. There's a thread where you post pictures of your clods. You may find quite a few front end pictures and others to give you an idea.

edit: i had these pictures on my desktop, hope they help.

Last edited by muddeprived; 04-28-2007 at 11:49 AM.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote