Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 2.2 TCS Stick - The Punisher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Colt Python/SR9c

Default 2.2 TCS Stick - The Punisher

I have been driving a torsion setup on my 2.2 clod(Slimer) for about the past year and I have won a handful of events with the truck, but it just didn't fully perform how I wanted, in offcamber situations.

Kevin @ www.thecrawlerstore.com had gotten ahold of me and told me that he finally had the 2.2 Stick backbones in stock and I jumped all over it since my Superclass Stick did so great. He sent it out on Thursday and 2 days later, the kit showed up

The 2.2 kit is the same as the original kit and the customer just picks out what size backbone he/she desires. When the kit showed up, I was once again amazed at Kevins quality of service and shipping, in which, Thecrawlerstore is top notch. Every bag is labeled and detailed as to what exact nut, bolt, washer is in that bag.

So once you have seen one stick, ya seen them all right? Well then enough rambling and on to the pics

Last edited by TwistedCreations; 05-02-2007 at 09:28 AM.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

With the kit built up and knowing I have a comp this saturday, it was time to rush some testing in..I decided to change the location of electronics I had on Slimer, to different locations on the Punisher. I had both SR esc's on the right, my Airtronics 359 servo on the left and my 2/3a IB1400 battery pack in the back left.

On first testing, the truck did pretty good and would fly through the offcamber situations,compared to my old truck. But on more testing, it was time to hit the verticals. I have three 11" 90* verticals out back in my testing area, that my old truck went up like they were nothing, but when i tried with the Punisher, the truck would just rollover. I tried and tried and the truck just could not get up them. Big disappointment.....

So I added 100wt. shock oil and tried again.. Same thing happened :rolleyes: So I put the truck up for the night...

Next morning, I rip everything back off the truck and rewire him up, this time putting everything back almost in the same locations as Slimer had on him. I put both SR's on the rear axle and wanted to put the battery up front on the front axle.. GRRRRRRRRR, damn shock is in the way..OK, lets switch the servo to the other side and put the battery on the side with no shock..Not even thinking the servo wouldn't fit, I got to work.. I ended up making a new CF servo plate that screws to the axle bracing and then the servo mounts to it. That allowed me mount the servo on the smaller side and allowed me to move the servo forward to clear the housing.

Change to 30wt. oil and now,More testing...........

The truck still kicked azz in the articulation areas and was time to hit the verts..1st shot, the truck went right up. Next vert, right up and same for the 3rd vertical..

So now I am very pleased. This new TCS 2.2 Stick can perform like my old truck and do articulation as well, unlike my old torsion. If you want to be very competitive in the 2.2 scene, this is the right kit for you

Couple Pics before the change..................

After the changes.......I still have some things to do to it, but for the most part it is done..(yeah the cheesy plating crap sucks and turned out crappy.. owell)

Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sweet rig, looking forward to seeing more 2.2 sticks.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
RCC Addict

wow truck looks great good job.
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
MODERHATER™

Interesting! I have been tinkering w/ the idea of a 2.2 clod, what were the problems in off camber the old setup? Do you think you can fit 2/3's in the knuckles? And do you limit the articulation any?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Interesting! I have been tinkering w/ the idea of a 2.2 clod, what were the problems in off camber the old setup? Do you think you can fit 2/3's in the knuckles? And do you limit the articulation any?
This is my old setup...

It was just an angled piece of Alum. turned upside down and shaved for a few different reasons

The main downfall I had to mine is that it didn't articulate very well. I could get about 3" under a tire, but i found in certain areas on the courses, that I needed more. When I didn't have it, the truck would rebound the rearend and flop over or would cause the rear to slide over into a gate marker.

As for the 2/3a in the knuckle, no, they will not fit. Done tried it I took a stock knuckle and cut it all up and shave it as much as possible and still couldn't get them in. Anymore shaving and I would have been into the stub axle bearing.

No, I did not limit it at all yet. If I feel it is too much, I will just add the 100wt. oil back in the shocks. That will usually stiffen then up due to the dampening. If that doesn't work, I'll add the fuel tubing to the shaft.

Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
MODERHATER™

Thanks for the info! And the Punisher logo looks awesome! Care to tell how you did that?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

resized the pic, printed it out on quality picture paper, cut it out, XXX Main picture glue
Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Exclamation

Now thats a 2.2 to have!!!!

Looks great.

That body is really cool.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
RCC Addict

it looks awsome TC and i'm waiting to get the money for my 2.2 stick so i can upgrade from the torsion to the the crawler store stick chassis.

rich
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Hmmmmmmm?

VERY interesting.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
RCC Addict

More then interesting , its da bomb .
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

TC,
Nice rig...Hopefully will see it sometime in the future...

John
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote