Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: need info on gecko 2 chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #1

Default need info on gecko 2 chassis

ok i was just looking at the gecko 2 chassis and i think i might get it. right now i dont have a clod or any crawler. the chassis says it onlys needs shocks and like axles. do i need parts from a clod to make the full crawler or can i just buy shocks,axles and the gecko 2 and im done?o ya and electronics?also whats electronics should i get?thanks
bluflame252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #2

the 2nd "sticky" at the top of the page covers it very well. I just finished mine a little over a week ago and I found it to be extremely helpfull.
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #3

Default geko chaisis

you got it thats all you need my gecko works good.
jason jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You will also need wheels and tires, and maybe wheel adapters depending on what type of wheel you choose. As for electronics, are you starting from scratch or do you already own any type of radio system, esc, servos, and batteries? If you don't and need help finding suggestions on what to buy, do an advanced search for the component in question in the Electronics forum. To get you started my setup is: Team Orion 6 cell 3000mah Rocket pack, Tekin Rebel "2" esc, JR XR3 radio with Novak XXtra Synthesized reciever, 2 Hitec HS 645mg servos (front/rear stearing), and Integy lathe motors. You may also need pinion gears. I use 8 tooth pinions but that setup is pretty slow. I know some people use 9 tooth in the rear and 10 in the front, others use both f/r 9 tooths, and other setups as well. It just depends on the personal preference. And finally you will need a body, and again this is a personal preference.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

hey jason jamieson your wrong you need alot of stuff like streeing links and
everything that seven said but you should look at pics of every ones crawlers
and see from there what you need
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:31 AM   #6

Hi, I just finished my gecko pro build this week, if you go for the pro kit rather than the straight gecko 2 you get all the steering links, pinions and adjustable motor mounts included meaning all you will have to add are a complete set of clod axles and wheels/tyres, shocks, electronics (esc/servos/receiver) I am running a novak rooster esc which will cope fine with 2 tincans or integy lathes, a traxas tq3 transmitter and receiver (allows for indi 4 wheel steer) if you are on abudget you can stick with the stock tin can motors for a while and then upgrade to lathe or Magneticmayhems later on, with the 8t pinions from the gecko pro kit it will still have plenty of torque, also you can stick with 2 wheel steering for a while and that will save you a few more $$ you can add a second servo (hitec 645mg) later on, other than that you'll just need some shoe goo or epoxy glue to lock your diffs, a body and battery plus a good few hours to build it up, hope this helps a bit :0) I can highly reccomend the gecko pro kit, the instructions are very clear with loads of pics and it all goes together real nice, cya J

Last edited by crash override; 04-30-2005 at 03:33 AM.
crash override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Any updates???

Last edited by MOCRAWLER; 08-04-2008 at 05:07 PM.
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

He decided on the 60/40 setup with a 16" WB.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote