Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Hello

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #1

Default Hello

Hi ppl first time posting spent all night reading threads and looking at all your trucks and can i say WOW when i first started looking at building a clod crawler was about 3 years ago and i think things have come one just a bit more than then lol
just a bit of a heads up if any ones intrested have LOTS of RC cars and i mean LOTS And have been rebuilding a few clods one for shelf (i know some ppl think its sad but its a bit of history ) and one to use so along the way have built up a large pile of parts oh and picking up a esp clodzilla very very cheap helped get me my gear boxs
i have been on other sites posted a few Qs and had a few (1) feed back from that
Any way im in the middle of drawing up my chassis and other parts that i will have cnc cut
first Qs is
what sort of wheel base is a good starting point ? i was thinking about 17 inches with about 5 inch ground clearance @ the chassis Any thoughts on that one ?
i will be posting some pics as i go along with the build but im having to wait for cnc to be free (6 weeks ahhhhhhhhhh)
and is there many ppl from the UK on hear if so drop me a line
JohnRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #2

oh i also forgot the chassis im drawing up is some think along the lines of inet rcs old chassis's i like a bit of show and go would this be any good for what i want ?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey mate, I'd start at about 16-17" wheelbase, stretch it or shorten it as you see fit. There are a fair few Brits on the board, but we mainly use UKRCRC (check my sig). The first ever Nationals was this July.
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #4

hi thanks for the link just trying to get my head around all the diffrent sizes ect ppl are saying 2.2 ect means nothing to me lol
Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Feel your confusion guy! I had a hard time as well trying to understand all the "trade lingo". Think of the sizes as the rim diameters, 2.2 is usually a 1/10 th or similar scale and a 40 series is larger like a 1/8 th scale. This is only "general" and in no way to be a "set in stone" comparison. I have seen rigs on here that look small on 40 series rims and huge on 2.2's. I like to think of them as what they're based upon, a super with 40's would be generally be built from a clod buster and a 2.2 would be based on a smaller truck like an Axial AX10, HPI Wheely King or some other kit. Welcome to the board, your in for some heavy addiction therapy!
jeepfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Confused about tyres and wheels and stuff? There's a GREAT writeup on UKRCRC explaining all that...
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote