Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Info...get it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Kind of a comp / scale hybrid. My brain is having a hard time comprehending the concept of joining the two (comp + scaler = weird).

Actually, the body is really sick with all the detail of the mirrors, windshield wipers, Toyota emblems on the back, rear bumper and the GRILL!

The suspension concepts are pretty cool too but I bet the though the first thing I do to mine will be remove the cantilevers and install some scale shocks.

And the planitary! OMG why didn't I think of that, Sweet!

OK, maybe it will grow on me and by the time its released I'll buy it (actually writing this I've already decided to buy it).
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #22
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Kind of a comp / scale hybrid. My brain is having a hard time comprehending the concept of joining the two (comp + scaler = weird).

Actually, the body is really sick with all the detail of the mirrors, windshield wipers, Toyota emblems on the back, rear bumper and the GRILL!

The suspension concepts are pretty cool too but I bet the though the first thing I do to mine will be remove the cantilevers and install some scale shocks.

And the planitary! OMG why didn't I think of that, Sweet!

OK, maybe it will grow on me and by the time its released I'll buy it (actually writing this I've already decided to buy it).
It's a great kit for people that want to build either type of rig...whether it be a comp rig or a scaler.

Shoot, even if you don't like the entire package, there's plenty of items in the kit that can be used for a multitude of builds.

If you build (and try to market) a strict comp rig you're limiting sales right off the bat. Same deal with a scaler.

This is a nice (as we say in the model aircraft world) "tweener". It's not a hardcore comp rig, and it's not a hardcore scaler...it's in-between the two...a tweener.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 02-06-2008 at 11:27 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Man! I need that tranny!
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
It's a great kit for people that want to build either type of rig...whether it be a comp rig or a scaler.

Shoot, even if you don't like the entire package, there's plenty of items in the kit that can be used for a multitude of builds...a tweener.

Actually now that I think about it a bit its not as weird as I was orginally stated, even check out my first TLT build:

Hybrid Comp/Scale TLT Build

So Tamiya, when's my royalty check coming?

And ur right Jason there is a TON of really cool parts in that kit, and think of how we all though the TLT kit had a bunch of cool parts!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #25
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

Shoot, even if you don't like the entire package, there's plenty of items in the kit that can be used for a multitude of builds.

If you build (and try to market) a strict comp rig you're limiting sales right off the bat. Same deal with a scaler.

This is a nice (as we say in the model aircraft world) "tweener". It's not a hardcore comp rig, and it's not a hardcore scaler...it's in-between the two...a tweener.
I'm impressed.
It is nice to see that Tamiya managed to create a mix of both worlds.
Looks like a ton of potential parts.

I bet these things will outnumber the CC-01 scalers in no time..

Thanks for sharing Jason!
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

If that tranny pans out, it could be what makes the whole truck. The planetary setup offers a lot of gear mesh in a compact design. If it proves durable, I'm in.

I'm guessing Tamiya won't change its business model, but it would be nice to see the components sold seperately like Axial.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

this is gonna be the kicker for RC CRawling. Tamiya jsut makes such good cars and has the right style in terms of advertising, hitting the market with a bang, and bang for buck.

anyone know of any hopups which are planned?
infernox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:10 AM   #28
06 Super National Champ

Video

High res version

At 1:28 you can see that the Cs are capable of being mounted in two positions.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 02-07-2008 at 02:32 AM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #29