Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Info...get it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #81

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=TAM58405
broncobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Wow! Looks nice. I wasnt expecting that to come out so soon....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

I think mine might just end up being goverment funded! LOL gotta help the economy and all!
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler_king View Post
I think mine might just end up being goverment funded! LOL gotta help the economy and all!
i myself had the same idea but for an ax10 (or possibly a new guitar)

I still think its way too expensive. it looks decent but honestly i can only see myself salvaging the body, wheels, axles, and tranny. I miss the $70 tlt the ax10 is still a wayyyy better deal.
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
i myself had the same idea but for an ax10 (or possibly a new guitar)

I still think its way too expensive. it looks decent but honestly i can only see myself salvaging the body, wheels, axles, and tranny. I miss the $70 tlt the ax10 is still a wayyyy better deal.
highly agree it's only use is to be a trail truck.
SaVaGe MaN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #86
Rock Stacker

anyone seen the box art for this yet?
simensays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #87
Powered by Awesome

i think most of you guys are compairing apples and oranges. the cr-01 and the scorpion are geared twards 2 different crowds. now granted, they could both be configured to either a scale/trail rig or a comp rig... The Scorpion is geared twards comp rigs and the CR-01 is geared twards Scale/Trail rigs. out of the box, they both should preform well for what they were built for.

My main 3 interest points on this truck are the suspension setup and the planetary gear setup of the transmission and the beefier axles. like any rig.. once they come out people will start to beat on em and the weak points will be pointed out and after market mfg's will step up and make this thing a true work horse. I do hope to see the kit that only has the axles and maybe a transmission fo those custom builds!!!! Thats going to be sick!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #88
Powered by Awesome

what the heck.. from the german site - translated "The front and rear transmission box are equipped with planet transmissions. "

what? i dont think it translated right... check it out: http://www.tamiya.de/de/modelle/rcmo...uktdetails.htm

translated:
R/C fans constructed its models time long itself getuned and it as trial-suitable vehicles. Tamiya followed this trend and present we now the result of our work. The new Trial-star contains a true to scale Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 car body on a durable leader frame and is ready to the use.

Over the model:

1/10 R/C kit of the Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 Trial star. The durable leader frame consists of strong, but easy aluminums profiles with plastic breadth vine. The chassis and wheel suspension design offers optimal ground freedom in order to be able to travel on the most difficult tracks. The wheel suspension with suspension struts contains stable it housings in order to protect the wichitgen parts of the drive and breadth handlebar out of durable aluminum. The interior situation mute are connected over push poles with the wheel suspension. An additional stabilizer provides for optimal ground liability in heavy terrain. The centrally arranged transmission box delivers an Untersetzungsverhältnis of 40.5:1. a motor of the type 540 is contain. The front and rear transmission box are equipped with planet transmissions. That newly developed guarantee required becomes 3-teiligen "beadlock" rims a certain reinforcement of the tires also in low tire pressure of that sometimes in the Trial. That completely newly developed have Trial-tire 125mm diameter and 56mm profile width. The realistic car body out of robust easy Polycarbonat is equipped in addition with separately formed parts for side mirror, blinker and cooler grill. 2-canal R/C system with electronic trip regulator, 7.2V rechargeable battery pack & charger separately available.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Looks great. I would say there's a good chance you will see a few of these on the RCP Crawlers mountain display at RCX this year.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Well I love it for the potential to be a killer trail rig. The CC-01 just got replaced on my must have Scaler Chassis list. The price is a bit high, but the usability of it out of the box is spot on IMO.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
what the heck.. from the german site - translated "The front and rear transmission box are equipped with planet transmissions. "

what? i dont think it translated right... check it out: http://www.tamiya.de/de/modelle/rcmo...uktdetails.htm

translated:
R/C fans constructed its models time long itself getuned and it as trial-suitable vehicles. Tamiya followed this trend and present we now the result of our work. The new Trial-star contains a true to scale Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 car body on a durable leader frame and is ready to the use.

Over the model:

1/10 R/C kit of the Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 Trial star. The durable leader frame consists of strong, but easy aluminums profiles with plastic breadth vine. The chassis and wheel suspension design offers optimal ground freedom in order to be able to travel on the most difficult tracks. The wheel suspension with suspension struts contains stable it housings in order to protect the wichitgen parts of the drive and breadth handlebar out of durable aluminum. The interior situation mute are connected over push poles with the wheel suspension. An additional stabilizer provides for optimal ground liability in heavy terrain. The centrally arranged transmission box delivers an Untersetzungsverhältnis of 40.5:1. a motor of the type 540 is contain. The front and rear transmission box are equipped with planet transmissions. That newly developed guarantee required becomes 3-teiligen "beadlock" rims a certain reinforcement of the tires also in low tire pressure of that sometimes in the Trial. That completely newly developed have Trial-tire 125mm diameter and 56mm profile width. The realistic car body out of robust easy Polycarbonat is equipped in addition with separately formed parts for side mirror, blinker and cooler grill. 2-canal R/C system with electronic trip regulator, 7.2V rechargeable battery pack & charger separately available.
It means planetary gears in the front and rear axles...no difflockers at all
don_ricardocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Wish it was cheaper.

Last edited by builder; 02-12-2008 at 04:24 PM.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #93
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_ricardocarl View Post
It means planetary gears in the front and rear axles...no difflockers at all
Not to be confused with the planetary transmission. Different type of planetary there.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Some pictures a friend of mine made at the toy-fare:

(scroll down, under the official pics):
click me

Cheers Pete (will buy it!)
greasypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

My first thought? Going to be expensive for the average kid to buy!!!! Then have to buy radio and esc!!!!!! Even though the Wheely King electronics and servos had a tendency to fail, it all came in one box, And at a reasonable price, considering everything came in one box. This looks Great. Just expensive for the average kid!!!!! IMO

I'm putting it on my Christmas list!!!!!!!
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #96
20K Club

**rubbing hands together**

I will be sitting by the mail box just waiting to get these axles and transmission into Solidworks. I will be taking that day off and won't sleep until its done.

OOOOHHHHHH the new parts!!!!!!!!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #97
~THE SCALE SHOP~

lol harley

i think RPP will sell ALOT of these bodies........
although tamiya STILL hasnt released the body set for the high-lux yet :(
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #98
06 Super National Champ

I just added more pics to the RC Driver forum:

See them all here

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 02-13-2008 at 02:09 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #99
RCC Addict

DDDrrrooolll..... Those axles sure do have the same shape as a TLT.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

I either missed it or it hasn't been answered yet, Does it come with a completer bearing kit? Or bushings? Or both?
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote