Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: landy 40 river run, build pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default landy 40 river run, build pics

just a shot of the chass and bod...

more pics to come, working on it as we read this... prob gonna slap in one of my novak brushless systems in this for now (its all i have spare laying around at the moment....)

picking up another one as well to keep NIB....

here is a couple pics now that the axles are done and springs have been installed - mounting dampers right now and then on to the tranny..... i never could have dreamed a spring set up like this, even without the dampers on it - i am pretty impressed.....

hitec hs645 servo on the front, nothing on back of course as there is no rear steer on this one for me !!
tranny will hold one of my novak brushless motors (the whole goat system actually) ; running this baby will be the dx3r with an apogee lipo

more pics to come .... on with these for now........

complete

body cut and ready for paint... initial tests without body are pretty cool, this thing pulls wheelies on demand with the B/L in it.... only mod to the kit other than me using the brushless is a slight foam mod as the stock foam would have made the thing float away the tires were so baloon like....

thanks tamiya, novak and spektrum for some great products !! and thanks to my supplier of all of the above-RCP !!!

no more pics until bod is done up, thanks for watching !

just had to put it on when done smokin the windows out, and had to use close to real landy 40 color, no box art on the runner, the one NIB will stay NIB, heh heh

still need grill, mirrors, markers and decals and she is another working show truck, bustin the bee-otch out on the whistler rocks for true hard test this weekend, will post final bod pics and test pics later on ........

first outing, brought the clod along for the wifey (needed someone to take photos, heh heh).

my wife likes to drive fast, not a good combo for crawling as you all know- she for some reason decided to go as fast as clod could go and direct into a rock hard on body impact, looks like a good reason to finally paint up the landrover body i've had around for this thing for about 5 months, heh heh - i didn't let her drive the landy

this thing holds its ground pretty good, even on fair size chunks , i did eventually reconfigure the rear set up to get the maximum articulation - need to get it on some real 'cliffs' for true testing

one thing for sure i am changing is the shocks, they don't hold oil at all, at least mine don't - sticking in a set of big bores for now, traxxas meets tamiya
3.3 Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links