Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Axial wheel issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Axial wheel issue FYI

Mounted some Axial beadlocks on my cr01. Stock plastic hexs started to slip in the wheel. So I installed Axial aluminum hexs. Cured the slipping, but I still have to tighten my wheel nuts every 5 to 10 minutes. 2-3 more threads on the stub shafts would have been nice. Been running without washers hopeing it would have been enough, negative. Time for locktight.

Last edited by skid; 07-07-2008 at 01:20 PM.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
Mounted some Axial beadlocks on my cr01. Stock plastic hexs started to slip in the wheel. So I installed Axial aluminum hexs. Cured the slipping, but I still have to tighten my wheel nuts every 5 to 10 minutes. 2-3 more threads on the stub shafts would have been nice. Been running without washers hopeing it would have been enough, negative. Time for locktight.
Locktite them babies...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I do not think I would use locktite...If the hex sticks out from the wheel then I would sand it down until it is flush...you can sand down the inner side of the hex without losing any of your pin recess area, or sand both sides until you get what you need for your wheel nut...just my 2 cents
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

X2 that id sand the hex down as well
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
I do not think I would use locktite...If the hex sticks out from the wheel then I would sand it down until it is flush...you can sand down the inner side of the hex without losing any of your pin recess area, or sand both sides until you get what you need for your wheel nut...just my 2 cents
Sanding the inside will do nothing unless the slot for the pin is also addressed. Still may chuck them up in a lathe if the loctite doesn't hold, or swap back to the cr01 wheels.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

could try the thin hex's that come w/ rpm wheels or tamiya aluminum 4mm hex's
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I havn't had any issues with mine, i ran the stock axial rims the changed to the proline beadlocks and they have never came loose if anything when i change the wheels it's almost impossible to get that wheel nut off. but try sanding the front of the hex it should give the the little extra you need or i know hpi makes thinner lock nuts the run like 5 bux for a large pack of them.
TeamDeweyRacing is offline   Reply With Quote