Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Bow's Landcruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Bow's Landcruiser

FINALLY! After 10 whole days of agonizing pain and suffering waiting for this to come in the mail. I finally recieved it. Its my cr-01! Completely stock, mods to come. I'm alittle upset with the cantilever setup. I don't like it at all, its gonna have to go soon. Although, when i bought it, it was already built :-(. But hey, i picked it up for 215 shipped.(roller). Here are some pics!

Bow3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I am just sort of curious as to what it is exactly you do NOT like about the cantilever setup? If you are so adamant about the cantilever setup why did you buy the CR-01 when you could have acquired an Axial Scorpion for about the same money.

Lots of folks complain about the cantilever setup but if built correctly and adjusted properly it works very, very well.

Of course, all my questions might be moot if you are really out to achive a true scale look.

As I said in the first sentence, I am just curious about your thoughts on this because I read the same statement in quite a few posts.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow3022 View Post
It's like I've entered the Twilight Zone, and I am witnessing the sale of my own CR-01 before I modified it. It's like I'm looking into the past. That's some spooky nonsense right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
...As I said in the first sentence, I am just curious about your thoughts on this because I read the same statement in quite a few posts...
For me it was the scale look, and the simplicity. Because of the sort of places I use mine, twigs are everywhere, and the cantis were another place where they could snag.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
I am just sort of curious as to what it is exactly you do NOT like about the cantilever setup? If you are so adamant about the cantilever setup why did you buy the CR-01 when you could have acquired an Axial Scorpion for about the same money.
I like the overall setup with the chassis. Ok, so theres one flaw, so what? I can modify it, thats what this hobby is about right? If i wanted a comp crawler, i would've just picked up a axial ax10 like you said. But i don't want it because for one, my lhs carries more tamiya parts more than axial.

Number two, i just want something to mess around with, if i wanted to comp crawl, i could easily covert it.(as seen in this forum, given cred to Liferacer, i can convert this to a comp crawler and possibly be on the same level as a stock ax10)

And last but not least, i was deciding wether i get this for the cc-01, aka the pajero kit tamiya just re-released. I chose this over the pajero kit because the cr-01 has a metal frame, two SOLID axles unlike the pajero. Hell, i might get a pajero next, do you have a problem with that too?

And please,why add to the thread of you have nothing positive to say? The last thing i need is an arguement over something silly. I like the cr-01 for what it is, and if you have a problem with it, deal with it.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

There was no argument intended. I was simply asking a valid question. And there was no criticism of anything you have done or are intending to do with the CR-01.

Please grow up and don't be so sensitive. You are showing your immaturity.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

You asked me a question and i gave you an answer of the possibilities of what I can do with my cr-01.

And yet im the imature one when i tried to avoid an arguement(whether it was intended or not..)
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm full circle, back to the cantilever and it turning out to be my favorite setup.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Oh yea? After a while this cantilever setup is starting to grow on me. But i still don't like it. To much play where the pivot point is on the cantilever. I might shim it. What's your current setup?(spring rate, torsion bar rate) I think i'm gonna put regular shocks if i can't decide on a good setup.

Right now i have hard springs in the front w/ no torsion bar. Med springs in the back with a soft torsion bar. If i do decide to keep this cantilever setup, I'm gonna change it to short barrel springs for a lower ride height and probably use thicker wt oil.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I think I've gone through all spring/stabilizer configurations. Right now I'm on firm (blue) in front, medium (yellow) in the rear, all standard height. Soft stabilizer in front, medium in rear. I've got GMade Team Zero 104mm shocks. I used the oil from that kit, they don't say what the weight is though. I put the soft (red) springs on for a bit and they were just waaaaay too soft. My next purchase probably will be short barrel springs and see how that goes
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Lmk how the short barrel springs work.