Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: JunFac Lizard Chassis for CR01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default JunFac Lizard Chassis for CR01

Has anyone bought this chassis? I'm wondering if its as good as it looks, and how the shocks directly mounted to the chassis work, as opposed to the Tamiya lever system?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lizard-Chassis-f...742.m153.l1262
oxyjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I know I'm a newbie too, but there's really no excuse for this thread. There are already at least two other threads about the Lizard Chassis:

This one, which even has the word "Lizard" in the title, and this one.

All that creating this new thread will do is make it even more tiresome for someone else to find information about the Lizard next time, so then they are more likely to give up and create a new thread, and the problem quickly snowballs.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

My excuse is time. I did find the other threads last night, but also wanted to get an updated critique on how people are liking the set up after having it for a while. I'm not a big forum dweller, and didn't mean to get anyone upset, just looking for some quick info. Also still trying to figure out the working of the forum.

Just for the record I'm taking notes and planning a project, and have no intent on wasting anyones time or forum space. I've been out of the loop as to what's become available for r/c, and have chosen the cr-01 as a base to build on. Looks like it pretty popular!
oxyjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwoul View Post
I know I'm a newbie too, but there's really no excuse for this thread. There are already at least two other threads about the Lizard Chassis:

This one, which even has the word "Lizard" in the title, and this one.

All that creating this new thread will do is make it even more tiresome for someone else to find information about the Lizard next time, so then they are more likely to give up and create a new thread, and the problem quickly snowballs.
Ouch, we're all here to learn and be part of a community. Give the guy some slack for Pete's sake, or at least use some tact next time!
At least you gave him the link.
emidyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emidyl View Post
Ouch, we're all here to learn and be part of a community. Give the guy some slack for Pete's sake, or at least use some tact next time!
At least you gave him the link.
I did use tact. I explained why this thread was unnecessary, I provided the links to other threads on the subject, and I reiterated a stance I have read on both this forum and others. What's more, oxyjansen himself took my comments in the spirit they were intended, and the only person who seems to have been offended by them is you.

If you found my response harsh, then you should probably browse around the forum yourself. Pretty soon you'll find out what harsh really looks like.

I'd recommend you use the search function to find some examples.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Newb fight! Go newbs!
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

lol No fight. Cos I'm less of a newb than he is. I've got like nearly 200!