Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: locking front axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default locking front axle

i have been driving my cr01 fora few days now and it was all good then today the front axle seems to "lock" all of a sudden, then i put it in reverse and it goes ok fora few turns of the wheels, then it "locks" again and vise versa. it makes a weird clicking sound when driving, i can giv it more throttle and it just clicks a wierd noise and unlocks fora while then locks back up. i thought it was the drive shafts, but that aint it, i dont think. if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. thanks, i just seem to run into problem after problem. maybe its just me, afterall i am the goof that put the damn thing together!! it is an open axle, it aint locked.
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

You might want to pull apart the axle. You might have a loose screw. It might have come out enough to snag on the axle housing. I had this issue with both my AX10 and my CC01 until I used some thread lock and tightened them down pretty well.
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Bok
Rock Stacker

Yup, it might be a loose crew inside the axle. Open it up and make sure you use threadlock on the screws holding the diff together, and on the diff locking pin.
Bok is offline   Reply With Quote