Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: placement of links! and droop on a cr-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default placement of links! and droop on a cr-01

Has anyone played around with the placement of there upper and lower links? I want to keep the cantilever set up but juts like playing with the suspension set up.

Also has anyone taken the spings out and put in some thicker oil into the dampers to possibly do a droop that way, but still using the cantilever set up. I really want to play with some setups and stuff! any advice.

I have my setup with the stiffer springs in the front no sway bar in the front along with the "jia/EEpee" setup for the placement of my cantilevers. I also have cut the foam in the front wheels by about a half inch am going to cute a half inch off the rear foam as well.

I do crawl in the rain, mud, snow and the dry we are all weather crawlers so getting the wheels pushed into the dirt is a good thing so not sure if droop will help or if keep springs is a better idea? I did notice yesterday in the pouring rain on our track (we made it in the corner of my buddys yard, pics soon) the mud was flowing good and the softer sidewalls of the front wheels really helped, it was climbing like in the dry!

so again any info or pluses or minuses that anyone could tell me would be great! also My buddy and I are in the middle of putting together a series of videos with a comedy twist for crawlers! stay tuned I hope all will enjoy! thanks everyone!

chris
yel98vwgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I hope I'd help you....

CR-01 drooped from Italy
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This is my current setup:

And the result:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...t=MOV04087.flv
drcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

Putting your rear upper links on top of the axle mount plate thing is a good start.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I did that last night have yet to drive it yet! cant wait! wanna see what happens when you position the links as far out as possible!???
yel98vwgti is offline   Reply With Quote