Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: can it be done????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default can it be done????

i really want to put a lunchbox body on my Cr 01 and was wondering if i could cut it in half and use styrene to stretch it to fit the chassis?????
rccrawlking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrawlking View Post
i really want to put a lunchbox body on my Cr 01 and was wondering if i could cut it in half and use styrene to stretch it to fit the chassis?????
Sure, why not? The body is wide enough to get around the ladder frame, right? Beyond that, it is just down to your own styrene/cutting skills.

I know there are people on this forum who could do that sort of thing without missing a beat, but whether you can do it is something only you can know right now.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrawlking View Post

As the last poster said you can do anything you want. Stretching the body is the easy part really, its if it is wide enough to fit the track width ? the CR is 1/10th and the lunchbox is 1/12th and alot smaller then most crawler bodies, there was a lunchbox build on here somewhere do a search and have a look at it before you go any futher. The main problem I can see with widening the body will be window and grille but if you have the skills to fab something up then go for it. Would like to see one built to 1/10th scale though would look kool
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Can it be done? Yes. Can you? Beets me.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote