Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: suspension troubles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Unhappy suspension troubles

stripped away entire cantilever system and installed 104mm junfac with adjustable springs. lost all of my articulation. springs are set at almost no preload and are mounted in top last hole toward center of frame before the frame starts to sweep in. will tipping them toward the center of the frame improve this set up or is this the nature of my alteration? lost huge amount of traction, articulation and tips over even more than it already did. please help.
nafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

some pics will help
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafie View Post
stripped away entire cantilever system and installed 104mm junfac with adjustable springs. lost all of my articulation. springs are set at almost no preload and are mounted in top last hole toward center of frame before the frame starts to sweep in. will tipping them toward the center of the frame improve this set up or is this the nature of my alteration? lost huge amount of traction, articulation and tips over even more than it already did. please help.
I had similar issue when i first took off my cantis. Your shocks are probably binding. Like it has already been said, pictures will definitely help.
mtnhrdgr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I found 104mm were too long and the springs were very firm when i tried that set up. 90mm may work better or at least getting softer springs. Thats just my experience with them.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thanks guys, looked at some photos and greatly improved the rear. now it articulates far enough to touch the body. But the front is still not good used some spacers and tipped them toward the center but still wont articulate like it should. did notice some binding on the spring retainer and the 4 hole mounting point on axles. any other suggestions? top is mounted top 2nd hole in row of 3 after the sweep in ladder frame
Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

removed coil over springs and reinstalled stock springs on front and left the junfacs on front much better. both axles articulating into the body for a slight rub traction is great now to combat the top heavy battery any suggestions?