Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: why is my cr01 shake like that

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #1

Default why is my cr01 shake like that

i have took out the center gear many times but can't find the problem. the car will shake and vibrate from the center gear I think. i dont think its the axle because the axle feel very smooth if i turn it by hand.

http://picasaweb.google.com/M2steve2...99291086189186
wowo3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Could be a driveshaft yoke binding a little. Lift the axles up a little and see if it still does it.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #3

Check my post on the axle gears and locker pin. take the axles off the truck and ties off. rotate the pinion with light pressure and see if it sticks at all. if it does than just loosen the locker screw as someone suggested just a bit, then add some thread locker to it. I went way further and actually adjusted my pinion depth with another shim, but the locker pin is the real issue cause it tightens the axle and throws it off center just a bit. I did the driveshaft adjustments first in every way I coudl and it did not help til I adjusted the locker screw.

Axle gears sticking..... quick fix
xjjeepcjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjeepcjs View Post
Check my post on the axle gears and locker pin. take the axles off the truck and ties off. rotate the pinion with light pressure and see if it sticks at all. if it does than just loosen the locker screw as someone suggested just a bit, then add some thread locker to it. I went way further and actually adjusted my pinion depth with another shim, but the locker pin is the real issue cause it tightens the axle and throws it off center just a bit. I did the driveshaft adjustments first in every way I coudl and it did not help til I adjusted the locker screw.

Axle gears sticking..... quick fix
thanks for the reply. but i am not using any locker pin. i am running the reinforced drive shaft and diff lock from tamiya hopup. which does not require a locker pin, so on the axle i dont have a locker pin installed.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Could be a driveshaft yoke binding a little. Lift the axles up a little and see if it still does it.

lifting the axles seems fix the problem. if the yoke is binding how do i fix that?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

As long as the rig is on the ground it shouldn't happen. Mine did this when I put a spring and shock set up that was too long so the driveshaft was at a crazy angle even when on the ground.

It did it a little bit also when I first build mine in stock form. It doesnt do it anymore even if I lift the rig off the ground. I think the yoke self clearanced themselves over time
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote